Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The Block vs. The Hole - experience >

The Block vs. The Hole - experience

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Block vs. The Hole - experience

Old 08-15-2004, 06:52 PM

Default RE: The Block vs. The Hole - experience

MY ADVICE TO YOU KCISON IS TO BY SOME RATCHET STRAPS CUS IF YOUR SHOOTING BROADHEADS EITHER TARGET WILL BE GARBAGE AFTER 500 SHOTS I KNOW I HAVE HAD BOTH. GOOD LUCK
Old 08-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never used the the block but i have a hole and I am in need to get another since my arrow's are flying completely through it .Yhe next target will be a block for sure.

nubo
Old 08-22-2004, 06:17 AM

i have seen this problem with the hole so i got a foam terget from wall mart it stops them so far even my broad heads it seems to reseal after i shoot ill update next week after me and my sun try to shoot the heck out of it
Old 08-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Grrrrrrrrrr..... [:@]

I too have a "The Black Hole" target. This summer I have mostly been shooting 125gr field tips into it without problem. You know... Practice.... Get my form in shape for the upcoming season... Get 1/2" groups at 20 yards with field tips.... 1" groups at 30..... yada...yada...yada...

Okay.... Time to get serious. These past few weeks, I have been shooting a few 125gr Thunderheads into the Hole. Thunderheads are awesome and fly exactly like my field tips and perfectly straight. There is just a teeny bit of drop, I mean a just a hair... just a micro-fraction... No real biggie...

Anyway, this morning, I took one Easton XX75 #2315 w/ 125gr Thunderhead and looked at it and said, "okay, you are now my designated practice broadhead". I continued shooting the Hole over and over and over this morning, basically darn near destroying the center bullseye. You are not going to believe what happend next....
(Explanation: I have the Hole in my backyard exactly 25 yards from my back porch, in front of a bunch of 18"-22" huge oak logs (unsplit), stacked up about 4' by 4'. The Hole is about a foot in front of them.)

I was starting to get partial pass throughs (not bad - broadhead pokes out other side - that's all). I couldn't believe it! [:@] I was thinking "I paid $49.95 for this?"....

Bad news: Dummy me kept shooting the Thunderhead at the Hole even though I was getting partial pass throughs. I kept shooting and shooting, and ripping/shredding the "guts" of the material of the Hole. [:-]

Long story short... I am now and reduced to 5 Thunderheads!! [:@] Grrrrrr... The last arrow was such a pass through that the arrow kept going and the Thunderhead imbedded into one of the big oak logs! I had to unscrew the broadhead, pull the arrow out, toss the Hole aside, go get some vice-grips and a jack-knife and basically destroy the Thunderhead, getting it out of the oak log! [:@]

I am very dissatisfied with "The Black Hole" product!!!!!!!!! [:@] I am now reduced to shooting only field tips into it (from the other side - I flipped it around and spray painted a white bullseye on the other side).

NEVER AGAIN!!

Butch A.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:44 PM

for the price i like the hole...the block is good, but if u are shooting good broadheads..they hit where the fields do...esp open on impact type. i saw a guy on a realtree dvd pass through a block while checking his tuning. i thought that it was odd