Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone wolf and Outback?

Old 07-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lone wolf and Outback?

I have an Outback and I am going to be getting the Lone Wolf Sit and Climb on Aug. 2nd. I was wondering if the bow holder fits the Outback even with its enormous cam. I will still get the stand if it doesn't it would just be nice to have. Also can anybody explain how this packs together in detail? Thanks-Sam
Old 07-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lone wolf and Outback?

I'm thinking about a Lone Wolf sit and climb also. Same question basically........does the bow holder work? Even with parallel limbs like on a Bowtech Patriot.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2004, 07:53 AM

I use a lone wolf, but I do not use the bow holder, IMO, the holder is in the way. It sits almost right in middle of the stand and doesn't leave much room for moving. I usually hang mine on the tree. However, I think this year I am going to put a traditional style bowholder on my Lone Wolf.

I'm not sure how it will work with a large cam, but I will say the slot is fairly large.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

I place my Martin Cougar Magnum in the bow holder and it has the Fusion cam. Not sure how much bigger the Matthews cam is, but sometimes its a little bit of a pain getting my bow out because the bow has to be pulled toward you at an angle to remove it. Regardless, adding the grommet is worth it if planning on using the bow holder. It is centered on the outer top half of the stand, in my opinion Lone Wolf could improve this by molding this same bow holder into the stand on both outer sides, that way it would be nice for either a right handed or left handed shooter. I will say this.....this fall will be my 3rd season using this stand and I love it!

Nuge, packing the stand together is very easy. Simply place the seat climber on top of the bottom. I have a couple of pieces of thin stick on foam or similiar on the rails so they don't make any noise where they make contact. Use the included 3 way bungi cord to fasten the top and seat together. I also use a regular bungi cord near the bottom of the stand and stretch it across both sides. Its quick, simple and provides a very quiet stand while packing in and out.

By the way, are you getting the '04 stand that comes with the new seat and backrest?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I'm getting the new one. Also I found out that any Mathews with string suppressors will not fit.[:@]
Old 07-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Never thought about the string suppressors.......any bow holder may not work with it then, don't know.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:17 AM
CR

I own both the Lone Wolf and the Outback, and no, the bow holder will not work. Even without the string suppressers the limbs are too parallel for it to work. As far as the Patriot I’m not 100% positive, but I don’t think the bow holder will work with it either because of the parallel limb design.