Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Drop away arrow rest

Old 07-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drop away arrow rest

QAD Ultra Rest. It locks in the upward position and fully contains your arrow so it will never fall off the rest. It is just like the ripcord except the ripcord will fall down if you draw your bow and let down and the Ultra rest will only fall if you shoot. My proshop is selling a ton of them and everybody that works there shoots them on all of there bows.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used the Trophy Taker Shakey last season and harvested several deer using it, however i just couldn't get the noise of the launcher arm dropping on the bow shelf quiet enough for my taste no matter how much silencing material i used or what i tried. I also couldn't see having to go through all that trouble trying to quieten down a new rest. It probably wasn't as bad as i thought it was but i could still hear it and it bothered the heck out of me. I use a Premier for off season shooting and have recently installed a Whisker Biscuit for hunting and absolutely love the biscuit but i'll leave that alone since thats not what this post is about. If i were to ever go back to a fall away i would check out the TKO and also the Drop Zone. I have several friends who use both and they are very good rest imo and are very quiet. I'm not taking nothing away from the Trophy Taker Shakey because it is also a well built rest and works great with the exception of the little noise that i just couldn't seem to get rid of. Good luck in your choice.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Simply enter Drop Zone in a "search" and you'll quickly see why this rest is fastly becomming THE fallaway rest of choice for MANY shooters. An excellent bomb-proof design that functions flawlessly in any condition. I've rarely seen a product catch on so fast in only it's second season. I think this fact speaks volumes of the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone's quality performance. I love this rest and now use them on all my rigs. The excellent reputation this rest has earned speaks for itself. Check out what folks on this forum as well as others are saying. The TR DZ rocks!!!

Old 07-30-2004, 09:20 AM

Thanks for all of the advice. Last night I purchased a Shakey Hunter and so far i'm pleased. The pro shop I use was very helpful and when the owner pulled out his bow that he had recently installed a shakey hunter rest onto, I knew I couldn't go wrong. Yes, the arm makes a little noise when it falls but i know i can quite it down. Anyone out there from southern Pa. or northern Md. should check out Marchio's Sport Hut. These guys have always been helpful and almost always have exactly what I need. They are located in Hanover, Pa. No, I don't work for them i'm just a very satisfied customer.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:59 PM

I am shooting a Hoyt Havoc-Tec cam 1/2 set up with a trophy taker ( shaker hunter ) on it and would not take anything for it , That is one awsome rest period!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:47 AM

Gold key mirage
Old 08-19-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I see a lot of guys like the NAP droppers. Here is the scoop. They do not fit a Hoyt Tech riser well unless you buy a spacer to fill the slot where it mounts. In fact you have to get two of them as they are not made thick enough for one to fill the void. NAP makes these spacers. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about them.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:46 AM

I've tried the trap door, and I really liked that until I tried out the muzzy zero effect. I'm shooting the ZE now and its the best one I've tried out. Good luck.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:06 AM
PLB

I love my Trophy Taker original. I couldn't be more pleased.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Vital Bow Gear!!!!!!! Ultimiate Fall Away Arrow Rest! I have had this on my bow for a month now and its the best thing for me! I shoot carbon express 300's from a Hoyt and have it dialed in!!!!!!!!! Sweet...

http://www.vitalbowgear.com/arrowrests.cfm

Quick Reply: Drop away arrow rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.