Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Gold tips

Old 07-25-2004, 03:54 PM

Default Gold tips

Anything negative about Gold Tip shafts? Looking to try some new shafts this winter and was going to give GT a try, just wanted to hear some opinions.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gold tips

I guess a month or two ago I bought the Xt's fletched with the quickspins have been shooting them every day and they are great. Durable, tough and they fly very true. I bought a dozen and I didnt get even one flier. My accuracy has improved greatly. Last year I use the cx terminator, I thought it was a great arrow until I switched, now hands down they dont compare. IMO
Old 07-26-2004, 12:17 PM

I've been shooting GT's since march and have had absolutely no issues thus far. I'll be shooting GT's for years to come.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:50 PM

Love my gold tips. Im buyin another half dozen with broadheads this month and theyll be in my quiver all season.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:04 PM

been shooting the same dozen GT's for over a year no problems ......... Just ordered another Dozen for this season and couldn't be more pleased and best of all

MADE IN THE USA

Mike
Old 07-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess a month or two ago I bought the Xt's fletched with the quickspins have been shooting them every day and they are great.
Hey TAB. Have you tried them with broadheads yet. I posted here and didn't get much response. I have the GT pro hunters and put quikspins on a few. They were shooting great with FP's. When I put on the crossfire they droped about 8 inches. I put feathers on a couple and the they fly great with the cross fire. My FOC with quikspins was 7.1 and with feathers it is 10.7. I don't know if that was the problem or not. Let me know what you find out.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:59 AM

Been shooting them for quite some time. Make sure you spin-test your fixed broadheads on the shafts. If the broadheads wobble on the shaft - even a little, save those arrows for practice or mechanical broadhead use. You can heat the insert with a broadhead installed and turn them ever so slightly and re-spin them to see if they will achieve a true spin with no wobble. IME the ones that spin absolutely true with fixed BH's will group right with your field points - assuming the spine and bow is tuned properly.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

I have been shooting them with g5 montec's 100gr. I have had several pass throughs in my 3-d targets. Also shot some with spit fires with no pass throughs great accuracy with both. Accuracy is same as field points. I have had no problems with them dropping.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:41 AM

Get some bemans or eastons.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a half dozen of the XT Hunters about 2 weeks ago. So far I've been really impressed. I has been shooting Beman ICS Hunters prior to trying the Gold Tips. The Gold Tips are flying just as well and cost less.

Quick Reply: Gold tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.