Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Equipment price fixing

Old 07-20-2004, 03:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Equipment price fixing

I know exactly what I want.But every retail store has the same price on the item. Plus they offer packages,I dont want the package.So If I dont buy their package the main item cost more alone when you itemize it. I searched the puter for discounts. None found , the price is the same nomatter where I look. So much for the free enterprise system. Does manufactures force retailers to not discount??????? All they are doing is price fixing and forcing me just not to buy any of their crap. Is there a discount store anywhere that has enough Gonads to discount and buck the manufactures??????????
Old 07-20-2004, 04:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Equipment price fixing

Depends on what your looking for I guess. They are out there though but you useually sacrafice something else for a cheaper price, ie customer service, shipping and handeling being somewhat higer etc etc.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:13 AM

Default RE: Equipment price fixing

One thing i found is that stores seem to set thier online price and leave it there. They probably dont want to spend the time constantly updating thier webpages. But in the store you tend to find more sale prices.

I recently bought a Trophy Ridge Nitro sight. Everywhere i looked it was the exact same price (Cabelas, Gander Mtn, a couple online shops). I decided that if i had to pay that price that i would pay the local shop rather than a chain store or mailorder. So I went to the local shop and ended up paying $12 less because they were on sale. Same thing happened with the Drop Zone. As a bonus i got both installed for a very reasonable price (total cost < than to order, pay S&H and install myself) and have been back for a few adjustments at no charge.