Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow preference

Old 08-19-2004, 05:35 AM

Default RE: Arrow preference

Beman Ics for me.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:50 AM

I have been using the Carbon Express CX Hunters for 2 years now and am very happy with them. I use the CX200 shafts with my bow set at 65#. The chart says that this spine is too weak but it is what works the best from my setup. I harvested a very nice 8 point last year with one. Shot him at 23 yards with a clean pass through that slammed into the shale ground behind him. All I did was wash off the arrow, inspect it and replace the blades in the tip before taking a doe with the same arrow 2 weeks later.
I have tried Bemans, Eastons and Gold Tips. All of these are nice arrows but I get the best consistency with the Carbon Express shafts.
I guess my point is this, no one can tell you what shaft will be the best from your particular setup. You will have to experiment with several different brands and sizes. The charts aren't always correct as in my case. If you can get arrows in 1/2 dozen quantities from you local shop, it will be cheaper to find the ones that you like. Then you can always sell the ones you don't want to friends or on eBay to recoup some of your cost. Make sure that your fletching doesn't contact your bow or rest during launch or you will not be able to accurately judge what is shooting well.

Just my 3 cents!

Peace,
Steve

Buckmaster G2
QuickTune Drop-Away 4000
Trophy Ridge Matrix
Carbon Express CX Hunter
NAP Scorpion XP100
Old 08-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still think ACCs are the best. I have some that are almost 2 years old and they continue to spin and shoot well. I tried the Axis, and like many others, was very impressed at first. If you shoot them enough though, they do seem to lose straightness and start grouping poorly. I should be gettin a dozen Gold Tip Pros this week. I just hope they hold up better than the Axis did.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:40 PM

ST axis's are okay personally I shoot redhead custom 350's with white and green crests topped with vanes.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:48 PM

FORGET ALL THE BEMANS, THE EASTONS, THE GOLD TIPS.............BUY THE ARROW DYNAMICS NITRO STINGER....BEST HUNTING ARROW AVAILABLE TODAY....SHOOTS VERY SMOOTH, STRAIGHT, AND HAS THE BEST POTENTIAL KINETIC ENERGY ON CONTACT THAN ANY OTHER ARROW.......EVERYONE NEEDS TO TRY THEM....THEY WORK BEAUTIFULLY..........THE TAPERED SHAFT GIVES YOU THE EXTRA "PUNCH" WHEN IT HITS YOUR GAME......

GIVE THEM A TRY..........YOU WONT GO BACK TO ANY OTHER ARROW
Old 09-06-2004, 12:02 PM

All this talk about Carbon Arrows... Without any comments on BLACKHAWK VAPORS? This is the second year I have been using them. My practice arrows take a lot of abuse. I have torn up fletchings and replaced many nocks (crack a few ends, too) in two years of shooting my six practice arrows. They seem to fly great. Anybody been shooting them have a differing opinion?

I was shooting Easton ACC's, but I got tired of bending them so easily. They're just too expensive for my taste. I'm always looking for something better though. Let me know what you think about my change to Blackhawk Vapors.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Spike

I have been useing the axes for all summer.NO probulms.One day i was at the pro shop and they were unpacking some equipment and a spinner was pulled up.I was just messing around and started spinning arrows.The axes were the strightest of ALL arrows tested.I showed this to my pro and he couldent believe it.He did the same thing and said that he is going to use the axes himself this year.I dont work for no arrow makers and i just hunt and target pratice like everyone else out there.I wouldnt say anything bad about any of the other arrows, so i wont say any names .pan.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:51 PM

Gold tips are very valuable and XTs are priced very reasonably. I have put mine through major abuse and they still shoot like brand new.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Carbon Express 300's

Im shooting CX300 arrows but i think they might be wrong for my setup. 29" draw and about 58# on the line. Should i be shooting 200's instead? How will this affect my shooting?