HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Looking for pros and cons of TR Drop zone and TT Shakey Hunter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/64806-looking-pros-cons-tr-drop-zone-tt-shakey-hunter.html)

Krotalus 06-29-2004 01:45 PM

Looking for pros and cons of TR Drop zone and TT Shakey Hunter

I have narrowed my choices down to these 2 for a new rest. There is a $30 price difference between them. Is the Drop Zone $30 better than the Shakey hunter?

thanks for any input.

IL-Cornfed 06-29-2004 04:45 PM

RE: Looking for pros and cons of TR Drop zone and TT Shakey Hunter

Both are awesome rests indeed. I use the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone on ALL my rigs now. A truly excellent rest. I would also suggest you take a serious look at the DZ Hunter. Why pay extra for the anodized camo and the Harmonic Dampers? The Hunter can be had for around $80, so that puts it more inline with other great rests. Check one out and you'll see why so many on the boards love 'em.

bigbulls 06-29-2004 04:58 PM

Is the Drop Zone $30 better than the Shakey hunter?
Absolutely not!!!!!!!

The Trophy taker is a solid, well made rest that will last a lifetime.

The DZ is an over priced, hyped up, something to go wrong widget.;)[&:]

The Trophy taker is by far the better rest.

Gundigest 06-29-2004 06:15 PM

Those are the two I looked at for my bow and I decided on the Trophy Taker because it was smaller and lighter than the Drop Zone and I don't think it is worth $30 more. I am very happy with my Trophy Taker and my friend is happy with his.

buckeye 06-29-2004 06:35 PM

I have owned them both, but I no longer own the dropzone.

The TT is my perfered rest. I really like the simplicity of the TT.
;)

Although both of them worked flawlessly for me. I sold the DZ because of the size and bulk of it. You should be happy with either of them.

Jbra 06-29-2004 07:09 PM

TT by far the best, The Drop Zone just looks like a hunk of junk(no offense to any body who uses them, IMOP) The TT has been very reliable for me, Therefor, I have to back it.

AR 34 eight point 06-30-2004 12:51 AM

I have a Drop zone and have no complaints. I also got it at cost from the proshop when I bought my AR. I have had it for about a year and do my fair share of 3D, so it has held up well.
Good luck

adams 06-30-2004 07:10 AM

I shoot a dz and have been very happy with its proformance. To date I have had no issues and have no intention of changing rests. I've never shot the tt so I can comment about it proformance.

wihunter402 06-30-2004 07:58 AM

I have the Drop Zone and so far I love it. I have only had it for a little over a month and will have to see how it works out this fall. I have never used the TT but it sounds like it is also a nice rest.

CapitalCop 06-30-2004 10:06 AM

I've had my TT Shakey Hunter for several months and love it. With a little imagination it can be made almost completly silent. I glued half a Mini Limb Saver on my shelf. When the arm drops, it lands silently on the Limb Saver.