Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which rangefinder would you choose, Nikon or Bushnell? >

Which rangefinder would you choose, Nikon or Bushnell?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which rangefinder would you choose, Nikon or Bushnell?

Old 06-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which rangefinder would you choose, Nikon or Bushnell?

I posted on this the other day and had no response. I am considering the bushnell scout or the nikon 440 prostaff. Anyone who has experience with these, I would really appreciate you letting me know what you think of them, which one you would choose and why. I will use it mostly for bowhunting. I notice that the scout has a lower magnification and it seems like this would be easier for picking up targets up close. I think it is a 6x, compared to the nikon which is an 8x. Does this really matter. Give me some feedback as it will make me feel alot better about my choice before getting one. Good shootin'. Bhunter32.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which rangefinder would you choose, Nikon or Bushnell?

I ended up going with the Busnell Scout. Got it off ebay at a great price. No real reason for it besides the price though. I have been very happy with it. Dropped it from the tree three different times. Holds up like a champ. I have no experience with the nikon. I would reccomend the Bushnell though.

J
Old 06-13-2004, 08:07 AM

Nikon
Old 06-13-2004, 08:35 AM

I tried both @ A store the nikon would'nt pick up A mount of A turky @ 10 yards the lighting might of had something to do with it. but the bush was clear & picked up everything fast I bought the bush.
nikon was not even close as far as impressing me!
Old 06-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Bushnell scout and have had no problems with it
Old 06-13-2004, 11:43 AM

I believe at one point in time they were both made by the same company just sold under license. I think they still are.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:04 PM

I've got the Bushnell Scout and I am very pleased with the quality and it's accuracy.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:03 PM

If you're looking for a compact rangefinder that is fast, easy, good in low light situations, then the scout is probably your better buy. I have one and find it to be a great asset to my bowhunting.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

I noticed that the scout doesn't have some of the modes that the others have. The new bushnell trophy has scan, rain and zip modes. Has anyone tried it yet? I don't know if this is that big a deal or not. Does the scout still have the problem of eating batteries, or have they fixed it. It seems with the higher magnifications of the nikons that it would be hard to get on targets up close. I will use this rangefinder almost exclusively for bowhunting. Thanks for the replies and keep em' coming. I need you all to make up my mind. Bhunter32.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought the Bushnell Trophy. It is the first one I have ever used, so I don't have much to compare it with. I just got it, and have only played with it a little. It seems to work Very well, you need to have a steady hand when ranging something small beyond 50 yds, or you click on something other than your intended target.

The optics are very clear, and the cross hairs are very helpful in zeroing your target.

I too was thinking about the scout, but decided on the Trophy. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Which rangefinder would you choose, Nikon or Bushnell?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.