Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 One final time LX or Outback. Or a Hoyt. >

One final time LX or Outback. Or a Hoyt.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

One final time LX or Outback. Or a Hoyt.

Old 06-06-2004, 09:26 PM

Default One final time LX or Outback. Or a Hoyt.

I finally have the money to get my bow and i think i want Mathews becasue they have a great reputation of quality. If it is a Mathews its going to be either the LX or the Outback. In the thing that Mathews sent me they have the LX MSRP at $719 and the Outback at $729. But last year when my dad bought his Razortec the LX and Razortec were close in price and he payed $660 or so. But i think i will go to the pro shop and hopefully not spend more then i have. I would like any and all feedback about which everybody thinks is best.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: One final time LX or Outback. Or a Hoyt.

Of the 3 that you mentioned, my personal choice would be the XTec. Shoot them all and see which one you like best. Between the 2 Mathews bows you mentioned, I'sd personally go with the Outback if you just have to have a Mathews.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i personally own a mathews LX but i would go with the outback. but if you want a less expensive bow get a bowtech they are awsome bows
Old 06-07-2004, 05:44 AM
CR

Don't buy anything until you shoot as many as you can get your hands on, then decide. There are alot of great bows out there. The prices seem pretty high but it could be the area you live in. I got my Outback for $589.00 ( the guy gave me a good price because I'm a regular customer) and my Razortec for $599.00. In different areas the prices vary. Around where I am the the Bowtechs are just as or more expensive than any of the rest, but again it could just be where I live. But shoot everthing you can before deciding on one.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

and the Outback at $729
Jeeese...for that money you could have a Darton Magnum Extreme with a Muzzy rest and a Trophy Ridge Flatliner all set up and ready to shoot...and still have money left over for arrows.
Oh wait a minute...This is the choice I made after I got rid of my Mathews[:'(] and decided to get something with a generous valley and a solid wall with straight and level nock travel.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do like CR says and try many. I was in the same sitution just a few weeks back. I read what everyone said on here and tried many different bows. My choice was the xTec but that is the bow that fit me best. Everyone likes something different in their bows. I personally didn't like the Matthews but I know others that don't like the hoyts. It is YOUR decision so try many and buy the one you like best. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:52 AM
PLB

Shoot all the bows that your pro-shop has to shoot and if they don't have a large selection, then go to another pro-shop. I can't stress enough, don't buy based of off magazine adds. Go to the pro-shop/s with an open mind and buy what feels good for you. Several months ago, I went to the pro-shop "knowing" I was either buying an LX or an Outback. The pro-shop insisted that I shoot several bows. After shooting every model of Mathew's, Bowtech, Hoyt, and Kodiak, the pro shop had to offer, I walked out with an Xtec. (I couldn't have been more suprised or happier with the decision...I never really wanted a Hoyt until I shot some).

PS - the price of the bow is just the beginning. You will spend another $400 + on accessories for you bow.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:01 AM

Thanks a lot for you help. The shop i am going to has Hoyt and Mathews. I dont know exactly what else. I plan on spending somewhere over 1000.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:33 AM

I'd second on the Outback..... thats what I ended up with, though you cant really go wrong with any of the bows that are out now. I'm sure you can get a better price than the quoted MSRP. My pro shop sells the Outback bare bow for $629.......
Old 06-07-2004, 10:53 AM

Best thing to do is shoot them all and make up your own mind which feels best to you. The one that feels best to you as far as grip and draw should be the one you go with, not the one someone else tells you is better than the other.

Quick Reply: One final time LX or Outback. Or a Hoyt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.