Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

LUMENOK, GOOD/BAD?

Old 06-01-2004, 12:19 PM

Default LUMENOK, GOOD/BAD?

anyone use the lumenok yet? thinking of useing them this year. any good/bad info would be great. thank you.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:12 PM

Default RE: LUMENOK, GOOD/BAD?

I just picked up three Lumenok's. I have not had a chance to shoot them a great deal but two work very well and one just does not light up but for a second when shot.
You just wiggle them to turn them off.
I did notice that one of them would light up just for a second when I was nocking it. I hope this does not happen when I am drawing on a trophy buck. It could spook a deer.
The other two work well and I have not had any problems with them.

I also have tried the Tracer Lighted Arrow nocks. They turn on when shot past a small magnet that you attach to your riser. They look more heavy duty than the Lumenok and do not turn on until shot. After less than a hundred shots I had one break (So much for looking heavy duty). After several shots I also noticed that some times they would turn off on impact. I was able to reinstall the battery and correct the impact turn off. I think after several shots the battery moved away from the contact. They would also not turn on 100% of the time when shot.

In my short experience both are good but not perfect. I intend on shooting both brands a few hundred times before heading to the woods with one or the other.

Hope this infomation helps.