Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Who thinks Mathews is over rated. >

Who thinks Mathews is over rated.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who thinks Mathews is over rated.

I do!
Old 06-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a Mathews side by side to my present Champion bow. Yes a Champion. The Mathews was $800, the Champion was $360. I actually liked the way the Champion felt, and shot alot better. The price nailed the coffen! That was 3yrs ago, and I'm still shooting that Champion all summer, and hunting season. I still say its the best bow I've ever shot. I love my Champion!!!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd love to do a test with a dozen archers in the market for a new bow. It would be real interesting to see which bows they'd choose if they didn't know the name brand or price of the bows they were shooting.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doug:

That would be a very interesting test indeed.

Another one that is virtually impossible would be to let 12 guys choose a bow based on how the bow feels from a dozen or fewer shots at a PRO shop. Then shoot the bows for another month or two to see if the bows would actually be working as well for everyone as they first thought. I think just about every company out there makes a very high quality bow. Mathews definitey makes smooth-shooting, quiet bows with decent speed. Some guys feel they are the most accurate shooting bows for them, others don't find them extra special enough to justify the "hype". Accuracy is more shooter limited than equipment limited in most cases. If the bow feels good to you, you will probably shoot it well. If a bow gives you confidence, you will most likely shoot it better than one that you have doubts about. This would be true whether the company has multi-page ads in magazines, and sponsers almost every show on the Outdoor Channel or not.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:14 AM

I don't believe that there over-rated as far as the bow its self goes; I do believe that there are some shops that jack the prices up on them by putting all the sights, rests, stabilizers, peeps, ect. that you probably wouldn't buy or might not buy that expensive of an add on but there selling point is "high quality bow, high quality accesories". Over rated - Not by a long shot, exelent weapon; Over priced - only if the guy behind the counter thinks he can make it that way; over advertised - no more than the rest.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

Jealousy rears it's UGLY HEAD once again.[:'(]
Old 06-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think they are great bows but cost too much and so does a few other brands.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:29 PM

Yah. i think that they cost too much too, but so does everything. Everthing is gettting so much more expensive. you used to be able to buy a new car for 5 grand. Now you cant get ANYTHING for under 10. In comparsion to that, bow prices have gone up very little.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NwOutdoorShop

ORIGINAL: TREESTAND SNYPER 1

Mathews isn't the best or the magic cure all for bad shooting. Mathews is a bow line that has built it's reputation on QUALITY
A friend of mine helps out at a proshop...and he shoots a "mathews" has sense day one!! Anyway he gets a new bow every year for helping out at the shop...Not a bad deal if you ask me....he has to shoot between 5 and 10 bows of the same make and model to find one thats "consistant" !!!

That dont tell me much about quality [:'(]
Old 06-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

See above. I highly doubt that.

Quick Reply: Who thinks Mathews is over rated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.