Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Who thinks Mathews is over rated. >

Who thinks Mathews is over rated.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Who thinks Mathews is over rated.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Who thinks Mathews is over rated.

Great Product....been shooting Mathews for years and I recently purchased the Outback for 625....also shot the xtec at a different dealer 750...all depends on what dealer you go to.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

more I think about it at look at them and listen to mathews shooters the more i think they are overrated. Most mathews shooters i know are the most annoying people in the entite world, their bow gets put on a pedestal and they think they should be too, ven if they suck at hunting and shooting. Mathews are a good bow but I get really turned away from them. my 2 cents again.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats funny , I find the Mathews bashers to be annoying!

For the record , I put any bow I'm shooting on a pedestal , as do most archers , as such it should be! If you dont put your own bow on a pedestal then deep inside your not happy!
Old 06-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the Mathews bows are well built, accurate, and in some ways superior to the competition. I've owned many of them, and while I have had a few that were horrible, I've had a few that were stellar...the rest being good bows, but just not my cup of tea. Which is pretty much my experience with every manufacturer.

No other company that I have experience with out of the box can match them for lack of recoil/vibe and noise with the same performance. Some are very, very close and the gap narrows every year, but Mathews still has the edge.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:16 PM

I do!!
I have an '01 Hoyt Havoctec. it shoots great and with Beamen 400s and 100gr muzzys I'm shoot 260fps. thats fast enough for me and I haven't lost a deer yet! "KNOCK ON WOOD"
Old 06-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Fork Horn

I've owned Mathews before---0 problems. Changed to Diamond---0 problems. As for overpriced---around here where I live Hoyt's are higher priced and Mathews and Bowtech are close to the same. There's not gonna be too much difference in top of the line bows as far as price. Whatever you are the most comfortable with is all that counts.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

There advertisements suck, their pro's are shooting different bows than you and I, So why even try to compare. And again there are more mattews shooters? If I buy a new bow the product is going to sell itself not all the ads, the hype etc. I went to a local dealer (mattews) and they scared me off right away with a stupid video tape etc. I shot a few of them, even the owners tricked out one. Sorry not for me. Not any more accurate than my old bow. Plus I saw a few problems that my old bow has that were not adressed. Just because you buy a Trek does'nt mean your buying the same bicycle as Lance Armstrong! Whats more important is the end user, how it fits, shoots and feels to the individual, not just brand recognition.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok let me have it . Its been kind of slow around here who thinks Mathews is over rated ,over priced, over advertisde?

Whoever doesn't own one!

The End
Old 06-24-2004, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Carpmaster
Non Typical

Status: offline RE: Who thinks Mathews is over rated. (in reply to hrtshot)

more I think about it at look at them and listen to mathews shooters the more i think they are overrated. Most mathews shooters i know are the most annoying people in the entite world, their bow gets put on a pedestal and they think they should be too, ven if they suck at hunting and shooting. Mathews are a good bow but I get really turned away from them. my 2 cents again.

Carp!!

6/16/2004 4:31:13 PM Report Abuse | ID: 661951

BOWFANATIC
Life Member

Status: offline RE: Who thinks Mathews is over rated. (in reply to Carpmaster)

Thats funny , I find the Mathews bashers to be annoying!

For the record , I put any bow I'm shooting on a pedestal , as do most archers , as such it should be! If you dont put your own bow on a pedestal then deep inside your not happy!

< Message edited by BOWFANATIC -- 6/16/2004 11:14:47 PM >

They do make a good bow though they were a bit overpriced initially. I think they really have picked up the quality level and to some extent customer service in the last couple of years.

Now where is IBM so we can frame that statement.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:15 AM

Mathews is the most overated thing in archery, if you took their high paid pro shooters and but them on any other brands of bow they could shoot just as well or the wouldn't be pro shooters-money talks and Well you know the rest.