Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 What happened to API Deer Stands? >

What happened to API Deer Stands?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What happened to API Deer Stands?

Old 05-16-2004, 12:46 AM

Default What happened to API Deer Stands?

Does anybody know what is happening with API? I know that they had recall issues last year. The web page has changed and offers no products or info. It doesn't even have contact info. Did the recall kill them?
Old 05-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What happened to API Deer Stands?

API wnet down the tubes. Bought out by Bass Pro or Cabelas's. Can never get that part figured out. Whichever doesn't matter. They are being manufactured in China now and marketed by one of the aforementioned companies.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:58 AM

Thanks
Old 05-22-2004, 09:03 AM

[:@]This ticks me because I have two baby grands and love the stands. They were made pre-comany sell off. I don't know how much faith I would have in there quality control now. Any recomendations on fixed in the $50-$150 range that are as comfortable as the old baby grands?
Old 05-22-2004, 12:38 PM
PLB

I spoke to API, cabella's, and Bass Pro Shop a few months ago. API did go out of buisness and now, an "unknown" compay has bought the "API" name and is making the stands for Bass Pro. Cabella's may still have a few stands but that will only last until their current stock is used up.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

Does this mean that the "Hunter Dan" doll/actionfigures with the API stand will have some sort of collectors value?[8D]
Old 06-02-2004, 09:11 PM

Three of us put up five stands at my new lease this past weekend. We're all big fans of lock-ons. My favorite is the Blackwater Creek Binder. It seems to be very quiet and has a nice sized platform. The seat is a web sling type that is suspended between the seat's metal frame. Also, it uses a chain to secure it to the tree and you can really get that bugger on tight. We like to use a ratchet strap on the bottom for extra safety and stability (I think it makes any lock-on quieter, as well). I think I paid about $80 each for them. We also put up a couple Northstar Steel Stars. For $50 they are really pretty decent stands. None of us liked the strap that came with them, so we used two ratchet straps instead. Still, I'm unlikely to buy anything but Binders from now on...
Old 06-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Thats because people would rather pay more for a summit! They must be good? I bought the API bowhunter a few years back and am happy with it. I would have gone with the summit brand but did'nt care for it (bowhunter model). I hear the cable system is better along with a more comfy seat? (Summit)