Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 finally made up my mind!!!!! >

finally made up my mind!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

finally made up my mind!!!!!

Old 04-16-2004, 04:50 PM

Default finally made up my mind!!!!!

I have been shooting my Mathews Legacy now for 2 years and have had no problems. However I have been in the market for a new bow. After shooting a ton of bows, from a ton of different manufacturers, I thought I finally had a winner with the Hoyt Xtec. It was a very smooth, very quiet and overall a great bow. But I had one more dealer to visit............My Mathews dealer. I shot the LX, which came out last year and to be honest the Xtec had it by a mile. Now we came down to 1 more bow to shoot.......................................The Outback........................In one week I will be the very proud owner of the newest Mathews. I didn't think that it was going to get better than the Xtec, but for me the choice was clear.......Awsome bow, now I will be able to get some sleep @ night.........lol
Old 04-16-2004, 05:48 PM

Default RE: finally made up my mind!!!!!

ONE WEEK unless your dealer has already ordered them 3 weeks ago you'll be lucky to see one in 3 weeks thats if you did'nt order a 1/2 size then think in the line of 4 to 6 wks.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I were you I'd add a couple or three week's to the delivery date since they never come in the time period they're supposed to .I have a hard time believing that the Mathew's Outback was a smoother and nicer drawing bow than the Xtec, since I've handled the Xtec and it's absolutely very smooth and probably the smoothest I've EVER drawn.I've never handled the Outback but I have handled a lot of the other Mathew's line, and I know none of them were even close in this category of smoothness and handling. Anyway's goodluck with your new bow and have a great summer shooting and getting her ready for hunting season.

nubo
Old 04-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-21-2004, 03:55 PM

nubo, your right, no other bow in the mathews line even comes close to the smooth draw of an xtec, except an outback, which is why i chose it over the xtec!
Old 04-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the new bow. The Outback is definitely one of the better designs on the market this year.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:13 AM

You will love it whenever it does come in. I waited about 4 weeks for mine but it was worth it.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:22 PM

To each his own.I 'was'in the market for a new bow,and shot a lot of different,high quality bows,and not one,including the X-Tec,even came close to my LX.You see,it's all about whats right for you.The Outback is a nice shooter,but at 6'4"and a 30in. draw,I'm not interested in a short ATA bow,no matter how "big" it shoots....Bob
Old 04-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

congrats! hrtshot , i think you will love your new outback, i also shot the hoyt xtec, and almost purchased it. i have shot different makes of mathews bows but none by far compare to the outback......... oh yeah
I GOT MINE THE SAME DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol seeya and goodluck
Old 05-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

i came down to the same 2 bows on my quest for a new bow this year...except for me i chose the outback. I really liked both bows, the both shot great, i just liked the feel of the hoyt better. I like the grip and all better, and i like the extra lenth, it will be more forgiving if i pull the shot off a little more. like i said, its all good.

Quick Reply: finally made up my mind!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.