Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it >

What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

Old 04-13-2004, 09:06 AM

Default RE: What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

GFK's since 1975 (29 years). For the last 14 years, I have Rovers and Premiers on my bows.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:23 AM

Default RE: What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

I have been in the process of testing every rest that I can and have a few reviews on this site. New this week will be reviews for the tko and whisper disk from golden key. I however just purchased a Ripcord and so far this rest has been totally awesome. Not saying that the nap quicktune 1000, trophy taker, apa ultimate, tko, and whisper disk don't do their jobs well. I just think that the ripcord will remain on my bow while the others collect dust.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

GKF Golden Premiers. I have been using them off and on for about 7 or 8 years with no real complaints. I have also been using their new Infinity for the last year or so and am equally impressed with it.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:03 PM

I have shot a bunch of rests, some of which include TM style, TT, WB, etc. I am switching to the APA ultimate twister. My buddy absolutely loves his (even more than the MZE) and from what I can tell it seems to work well so I am going to give it a whirl.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:03 PM

I have shot a ton of rests to date. Some are much better than others. In general I like fall aways right now. The main 2 rests I use now are the Trophy Ridge Drop Zones & the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter. I really like both rests. I would say the top dog in my book now is the Guide Series Drop Zone, I have it on my 3-D bow & it shoots like a champ! Both of these are fine rests & the 2 best going on the market in my opinion.

Look for a good rest that is string & durable & easy to work on. I think for the hunter the fall away is the only way to go if you shoot carbons with fixed blades. I am sold on them for hunting.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

For release shooting, GKF Golden Premier. They are just about as bulletproof as a rest can get. For fingers, my current fave is the Cavalier Freeflyte micro. I'm another that very much prefers micro-tune capability. Tuning is SO much eaiser with a micro tune rest.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:48 PM

Right now: Bodoodle ProLite 500. Like Hidden Hunter says, Simple, Reliable and Accurate.

I'm looking to try a GKF Golden Premier this summer just for variety when I have a little more time to shoot.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:04 PM

heres another vote for a trophy ridge drop zone ,i've only had it for about a month now but it is awesome! i got the guide series it was easy to set up and get going ! well worth the money spent !
Old 04-18-2004, 10:50 PM

Been shooting a Muzzy Zero Effect for about 8 months now and love it. It is a little aggravating to set up out of the box, but after the initial setup it has been great. Of course, I think most of my problem was a new string stretching at the same time as me trying to time the rest. Its quiet and the big arm works good for not dropping an arrow off the rest.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:57 AM

I've been using the WB for 3 years for hunting, 3D, and league. No complaints. I really like them for my kids because the arrow isn't going to come off the rest as they draw it back.

Quick Reply: What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.