Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Contain, scent control garments? >

Contain, scent control garments?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Contain, scent control garments?

Old 04-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Contain, scent control garments?

I've seen some under garments with the Scent Control Contain system for reasonable prices. Does anyone use this stuff? Silver something or other that controls scent? Probably just a gimmick but would like opinions. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Spike

Default RE: Contain, scent control garments?

rcd,
I asked the same general question to TR Michaels.Check out what he had to say about it in his forum.I respect his opinion and have already purchased it but haven't put it to the test.It's available at Cabelas and the Contain website has a few different items that Cabelas didn't.The way it's described to work makes more sense to me than throwing the other companies scent-control clothing in the dryer to activate it...which according to certain people,would never allow the garment to get hot enough to activate it anyway.But i'll use both just in case...there's no such thing as too much scent-control...
Old 04-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-21-2004, 05:21 AM

Contain is some great stuff if you ever hunt in warm conditions. Went hunting to New Mexico and the temp got to the high 80's. I didn't have Contain and I could stand putting on a camo tee after 2 days because of the smell! Next year I hunted with Contain. Same hunting conditions but after a week no oder could be detected on the shirt whatsoever. Talk my hunting partner into giving it a try and he loves it also. After 5 days we gave the shirts the ultimate test. We tried to smell oder on each others shirts. Again it passed the test. I don't work for the company, own any stock in the company, and I am not getting paid. Just like to let everyone know when I find a really great product. Alan in WI.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

any kind of scent control is worth the investment
Old 04-21-2004, 02:05 PM

i have used the contain for 4 seasons now. Soaking wet with sweat for five days straight and only washed when i did for good measure. Thats my regular routine, every five days and still no odor when i do. Was thinking of getting the xscent, but im not sure if you could do the same with that garment, Ill be sweating like a pig in the early season(sept) and i didnt see anywhere on their website about the material that is not silver fibers containing any antibacterial detergent that would inhibit the growth of new odors on the other material in the garment. Figured if ill be wearing it in sept, it better have something similar to contain.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Spike

I've had excellent results with Contain products. I didn't see it selling anywhere except Cabela's, so I was concerned that it wasn't catching on. At that point I went and bought several pairs of it just in case they stop making it. That says a lot about the product. I particularly like to wear the gloves as a liner inside my rubber gloves that I use to climb trees. Everyone's hands sweat in rubber gloves and the Contain liners prevent the smell that will follow sweating.