Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 WONDERING WHAT BROADHEADS I SHOULD SHOOT >

WONDERING WHAT BROADHEADS I SHOULD SHOOT

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

WONDERING WHAT BROADHEADS I SHOULD SHOOT

Old 03-28-2004, 08:17 PM

Default WONDERING WHAT BROADHEADS I SHOULD SHOOT

HEY GUYS I AM NEW TO THIS SO I WILL ASK A SEEMINGLY SIMPLE QUESTION. I JUST BOUGHT A 02 MODEL BOWTECH EXTREME SOLO, 28" DRAW 60-70 LB LIMBS. I SHOOT CARBON EXTREME 6075'S CUT TO 27 INCHES WITH 100 GRAIN FIELD POINTS. I WAS WONDERING WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD BROADHEAD FOR WHITETAIL. MECHANICALS OR FIXED BLADES AND WHAT WEIGHT WOULD BE GOOD. THE GUY I BOUGHT THE BOW FROM SAID HE SHOT 27 IN. ACC EASTON 3-49'S WITH 90 GRAIN MUZZY'S AND SAID IT WAS SHOOTING 302 FPS. WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST SETUP FOR MY PARTICULAR BOW AND ARROWS? THANKS FOR THE INPUT FELLAS.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: WONDERING WHAT BROADHEADS I SHOULD SHOOT

You should geve the slick tricks a try. Super accurate head and about the toughest out there.

Try shooting 100 and 125 grain field tips to see which weight head will give you better performance.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:29 PM

This part of your statement should be your absolute guide until you know your way around the block.

HEY GUYS I AM NEW TO THIS SO….
I suggest that you restrict your setup to your present abilities, and your gear to the tried and true. You will have plenty of time to get "rad" and "zoomy" and play with all kinds of gadgets once you tire of just plain bowhunting.

The best setup for you must be determined by you. Suggestions can be given, but in the end what works or worked for another person may not work for you.

I am under the understanding that "Slick Trick" broadheads have more than norm deflection issues when the head impacts at severe angles. If they do, the head may not be the best choice for you at this time. I am sure there will be some follow-up posts regarding the "Slick Trick."
Old 03-29-2004, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go to www.broadheadtests.com and read the mech vs fixed page along with the tunning page. These will help you pick the right heads for your setup. Their really is no right or wrong answer. You need to gather all the info you can and make a choice based on your peronal preforance.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:21 AM

I have had good luck w/ montecs g5 100 grain and titanium 100 and 125.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I plan on using Montec's this season as well ,but I've had great luck with Steelforce as well.

nubo
Old 03-30-2004, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is my personal opinion. You can never go wrong with a muzzy. I still basically compare most brands to a muzzy as to whether or not they are better then a muzzy. I know others that do that as well.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:34 PM

I also have an extreme solo and have tried muzzy's, spitfires, rocket steelheads, Cablea's mechanicals and others. I am now using thunderheads which seem to fly very well with my setup.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:53 PM

Try the rocky mountain snypers they penetrate great and leave a great big entrance hole.just my 2 cents.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:00 PM

As most people i really like muzzy they always get the job done. with your equipment i would shoot 125gr broadhead you should be very effective

Quick Reply: WONDERING WHAT BROADHEADS I SHOULD SHOOT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.