HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   New Bowtech Liberty!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/56636-new-bowtech-liberty.html)

BearGuy. 03-22-2004 05:04 PM

New Bowtech Liberty!!

I ordered a new Liberty a few day ago (I can hardly wait!!) and now I get to outfit it with all new goodies. I'm curious what all you Liberty owners have on yours for rests, quivers,and stabilizers. I hear that me arrow rests wont adjust over far enough because of the riser thickness. I want to put on a new fall away rest, I had a NAP on my previous bow and had some problem with the rest falling fast enough in really cold weather, and am most interested in what to do about a rest. Also what quivers do you like. My other bow is a Mathews and I had a Mathews Arrow web quiver on it, and now I am open for suggestions.
Thats right another Mathews owner switching to Bowtech!!!
Thanks for your help!

nubo 03-22-2004 09:06 PM

RE: New Liberty

Congrat's on the new Liberty I was looking at them last weekend at my proshop.I ended up buying the 2004 Patriot Dually,but I was definetly interested in the Liberty ,maybe next season who know's.

2004 Patriot Dually
Spott Hogg Real Deal
Muzzy Zero Effect
Stealth 6" stabilizer
Simm's Enhancer
Fletcher Peep

Swamp Dawg 03-23-2004 08:22 PM

RE: New Bowtech Liberty!!

Congratulations BearGuy. You won't be dissapointed. Here's the low down on my "Libby".

71 lb draw, 29" draw birth certificate 296 fps IBO

Fletcher Tru peep
Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest
Copper John Dead Nuts Pro sight w/ afterburner light
Custom 5" 8oz mossy oak obsession Stealth stabilizer (on order)
Simms stabilizer enhancer mounted in rear mount
Alpine Bearclaw quiver- ordering soon
wrist sling
simms virgin teflon cable slide
Easton Axis 340 arrows
string loop
TRU loopmaster release

BearGuy. 03-23-2004 10:09 PM

Thanks Swamp Dawg.
Mine should be here in about a week or so. Gona' be fun!
Why did you go with a 5" custom stealth vs. a standard 6"? Just curious.
Thanks

Matt / PA 03-23-2004 10:25 PM

Bear Guy,

You made a wise choice on the Liberty.......IMO the finest bow in it's class for 2004 (maybe to date?)
Here's how I have mine set-up.

Spot-Hogg "Real deal"
APA Ultimate "Twister" rest
Stealth 6" stabilizer
Tru-Peep "Super Hunter"
Loop around 2 tied in nock sets

I don't use a bow mounted quiver.......hate them.[:'(]

Shooting a Scott rhino release and probably Easton Axis 340's w/ 4" feathers and 100gr Rocket Sidewinders or NAP Scorpion heads.
If not the Axis then A/C/C 360's

PABowhntr 03-24-2004 06:25 AM

Congratulations on the new bow. It is one sweet shooter. The Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter seems to be the most popular rest setup that I have noticed so far.

Swamp Dawg 03-24-2004 06:37 PM

Thanks Swamp Dawg.
Mine should be here in about a week or so. Gona' be fun!
Why did you go with a 5" custom stealth vs. a standard 6"? Just curious.
Thanks
BearGuy-

As it turns out, I ended up with a 6" 10z. I thought Jerry made odd sizes, but it has to be either 4 or 6". I just got off the phone with him a few hours ago. I thought of getting a 5" primarily just to be different. But also, my bow balances pretty good w/o one, so I thought a little shorter and lighter may be better. It was a toss up between 4 and 6. But b/c the 6 was standard, it was a little cheaper than a custom.

BearGuy. 03-24-2004 07:52 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I just picked up a new 6" stealth today at Cabela's. Now the only thing I need is my new bow!:D It should be here in a few days I guess!
Again Thanks

JoshKeller 03-25-2004 12:50 AM

It's all in my sig. :D

WIbucksniper 03-26-2004 02:51 PM

I got mine about a week and a half ago. I put a trophy taker rest on, and an Impact trio sight. The rest is great wisper quiet. The sight is the brightest sight I've ever seen. Its like staring into the sun!
For the quiver I chose a 5 arrow alpine soft-loc , very nice. I'm using a straight shot stabilizer right now, but am thinking of ordering a stealth.
Congrats on the new bow and have a blast with it.

Jeff