Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Gobbler Guillotine

Old 03-19-2004, 08:44 AM

Default Gobbler Guillotine

I bought the new gobbler guillotine heads in the four inch cutting diameter
and I have a question about penetration. When I shoot them into a styrofoam target I get about 5-6 inches of penetration. Do you think that will be enough to reach the vitals on a turkey if I made a body shot? Let me know what you think.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gobbler Guillotine

Those heads weren't made or intended for "body shots" on turkeys, they were made and intended to use for head and neck shots. I'd be surprised if the blades will hold together enough and/or get enough penetration on a body shot. Just shoot for the head and/or neck and you should be OK with them!
Old 03-19-2004, 02:54 PM

Yea, your suppose to shoot at the head with those broadheads, i dont think they would penetrate to the vitals very well. How do those heads fly?
Old 03-19-2004, 08:13 PM

Heck, I can think of several turkey's I've seen shot with normal broadheads that barely penetrated a turkey...in my opinion they are tougher than deer when it comes to penetration. These heads would barely make a dent if you made a body shot. These were designed for head shots...that's how you use them. Good luck this season.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is where the name Guilitine com's from .Head shot's .definetly these are a very serious head no doubt about it .

nubo
Old 03-22-2004, 08:05 AM

Thanks for your advice. I know they are for head shots but I haven't ever shot a turkey with a bow and was just wondering how tough they are. I'll stick with the head shots.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:50 AM

Yeah, I'd stick to head shots with those.

Wicked looking heads though.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:03 AM

They are also 35.00 bucks apiece,so there not cheap!!!...Bob
Old 03-27-2004, 11:15 AM

I havent killed a turkey with my bow yet but I hope to at least get a shot this year. I'm not the kind of guy that gets everything mounted either but if I would kill a nice gobbler with my bow I might be tempted. But I dont think my taxidermist could do alot with a turkey without a head.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:48 PM

I got 2 turkeys with my bow last year. Passthrough on the first one and headshot on the second one. the broadhead lodged in his skull. YOu said you are getting 5-6" of penetration.. somehow I think that would mess a turkey up bad.

Quick Reply: Gobbler Guillotine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.