Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

matthews bows

Old 03-13-2004, 04:01 PM

Default matthews bows

I went to the whitetail deer classic today and drew back the new Matthews Outback and I just fell in love with it. It seemed to have the perfect grip and It was so easy to draw back, which is a benifit since I have shoulder problems in my right arm which is the same arm that I shoot with. I also really liked how short this bow was and I am really considering saving up my hard earned money for an
Legacy or an Outback. I was just wondering if anyone would reccomend either of these bows or if anyone has had any problems with these bows
Thank You
Buckkilla
Old 03-13-2004, 04:19 PM

Default RE: matthews bows

I have nothing but good to say about my legacy. I had the SQ2 also, but sold it(which was a big mistake!) I like the outback also. I havnt got to play with one that much, but from the times i have it seemed very balanced, smooth draw, and nice valley. Id go with either one, just be sure to shoot it before you buy.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Go to your archery dealer and shoot one,I have an Outback and love it,quiet,smooth on the draw,no vibration and very accurate and forgiving with it's large brace height.If you shoot one you'll want one
Old 03-14-2004, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

Buckkilla, I was reading so much on all the forums about the Outback and how great it was, so I decided to go shoot one myself. I have been shooting a Q2 for the past 3 years and really love it. Last year my cousin got an LX and I helped him set it all up. I thought that it was a real nice shooter but it didn't want to make me replace my Q2. Anyhow, I went to my dealer and shot the Outback. I said to myself on the way that I wasn't gonna change unless it really blew me away. Well I didn't walk out with one. ....... Because they didn't have my draw length. It has been on order now for three weeks and I am going nuts waiting on it. I can't wait to get it. Only you can decide if it is the right bow for you, but if you like it like I did, get out your wallet!!
Old 03-14-2004, 07:40 AM

I shot them both and I liked the outback. I never shot such a smooth bow as the outback. Been waiting 3 weeks so far.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:55 PM

Don't know much about the Outback but I own an LX and had a Legacy robbed from me last year. They are both fantastic. It only takes one shooting session to figure this out.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:53 AM

Just got my outback on friday. This bow is amazing. It is by far one of the quietest bow out there, and fast. not to mention no vibration at all. I didn't even need any string silencers on it. Very well balanced, not top heavy like some of the others. If you havent shot both of them go give them a try.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

I've got a little over a thousand arrows through my Outback and can say that it's a great bow! Looking forward to making a few 3D matches and using it hunting. Good luck with your new Outback.

Old 03-23-2004, 09:02 AM

hi rcd567. My wife is from Ottumwa. How close is that to you?
Old 03-23-2004, 05:44 PM

Had a 2003 Mathews Legacy. It was a great bow, and to me was the best thing in the world....untill I picked up my Hoyt

Quick Reply: matthews bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.