Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Spott Hogg REal Deal

Old 03-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Spott Hogg REal Deal

Does anyone have any experience with this sight Spott Hogg Real Deal and what can you tell me about it. What's the difference between the Real Deal compared to the Hogg it and thier other sight's They are very expensive and are they worth the money ?

nubo
Old 03-01-2004, 02:02 PM

Default RE: Spott Hogg REal Deal

nubo,

I can tell you a little. The real deal is a incredible sight. It is built like a tank and I think you could run this thing over with a car and not break this thing, it is tough. I have the .19 pins simply because I prefer to shoot with a small pin. I don't know what the difference is between the real deal and the hogg-it. It has microadjustability, a level and a wire going down through for a two way level that are in cooperation with one another so if one is level the other is level. They are expensive though, my real deal costed either 120 or 130 dollars. However the sight was well worth the cost to me because it comes with a lifetime warranty, so if something goes wrong you can send it back. Also I hear their customer service is quite good too. Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:29 AM

nubo,
from a hunting standpoint Spot Hogg's hunter is a better choice than the hogg-it. I own both the real deal and hunter. I prefer the hunter because it has 3rd axis and can be adjusted without having to loosen the sight bracket. Sometime in the not to distant future I'll probably upgrade. I also like the fact that you can get a smaller housing. Great for bows that shoot 260+ fps. Either way you can't go wrong.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:13 PM

I use the Spot-Hoff Right On sight. It's the same as the Real Deal except that the Right On lacks micro adjustability and cost less. Great sight and I don't need the micro adjsutability. Once one gets the gang adjsutments made, a one time event, micro adjustability is unnecessary, imo. Pai $100 fro my Right On.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Elk _Freak I picked it up on E-bay for 119.00 and 2 day's later he had them on for buy now at 109.00 darn eh? Anyway's he told me he would drop 10 off when I make my next purchase .He said he had shade and len's cover's for the Spott Hogg but I understand they don't have covers just the Dead nut's has them .Can you share any light on this for me? I picked up a couple day's later a Muzzy Zero Effect rest for 45.00

2004BowTech Patriot Duallu 60# 29" draw
Impact Archery Cosmic and SpottHogg Real Deal
Nap Quicktune 3000 micro adj
6"Stealth 10oz Stabilizer
Bow Tech 4 arrow Quiver, to come next!
P.S.E.Carbon Force 200's
Fletcher peep
Old 03-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

John.

Here is a link to Spot Hogg's acc's

It shows the sun shade/lens adapter.

http://www.spot-hogg.com./sight_accessories.htm

The light might be a good idea as well.
I am thinking about getting a couple of them for my Hogg-it's
Old 03-09-2004, 11:03 AM

nubo,

It sounds like you got one heck of a deal on that MZE. I wish I could remember how much I paid but had over 1000 dollars of bows and equipment laying there and wife was breathing down my neck so I just wanted to get out of there with my life as there were guns and ammo there too and she can shoot quite accurately . I'm sure all of us bowhunters know what that's like though.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can say that again if my WIFE only knew the half of it ,she's not dumb and I see the look when ever I bring a new piece of equipment in the house .So far she hasn't said STOP hahaha.

Thank's again Ausie I've been looking for this site and was unable to find it .Can't look at it when wife's standing beside me though hahaha.

nubo