Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lon Wolf tree Stands

Old 02-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Spike

Default Lon Wolf tree Stands

Whats the good word on these climbers?I saw them at the IL Deer and Turkey Classic looked really good.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:51 PM

Default RE: Lon Wolf tree Stands

Assuming that you are referring to the Lone Wolf product line, I purchased
the Sit n' Climb Combo this past fall. A great climber ! Light, sturdy and
extremely quiet. A little on the pricey side, but my number one choice.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Wolfcreek, we may have bumped into each other, I was there Saturday.

I have owned and hunted with a Lone Wolf Sit-n-climb stand for 2 seasons now, all of it bowhunting, and found myself using it much more than my lock on type stands. I have owned a Loggy Bayou, Ol Man, and Summit Climber, but after trying the Lone Wolf.....I was and am totally satisfied. Its the quietest stand while climbing and hunting. Folds down very easy and very nice to pack in and out. Let me tell you, those traction belts grip like no other and will not slip. Unlike the coating on cables or chains, the belts will not wear and their is no noise! One other thing, I can stand on the outer edge taking a shot and not worry about tipping or movement. To me safety is the most important factor.

The only thing I added was the bow holder grommet, and a seat pad for more comfort. If I had to do it all over again, the Lone Wolf would again be my choice.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Over the past few years I have used a Summit, API, Lone Wolf Sit & Climb and now I'm back to a Summit. The Lone Wolf climbers are quiet, easy to set up, solid, safe and are backed by great customer service. My biggest complaint with the Sit and Climb combo I had was it was just a tad too small for my tastes. It also took me longer to set up in the dark than it did my Summit stands.

I do have to disagree with Cougar Mag on one point though. The traction belts do wear out and my instruction manual said to replace them every 5 years. However, I do agree that the traction belts grip the tree like you would not believe. I think the Lone Wolf stand is a great choice and is obviously a well designed and manufactured stand. I just wish they offered a larger climber than their current offerings.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

As Vahunter says, the belts are recommended to be replaced every 5 years. After 2 years of heavy, heavy use, there are no signs of wear to the belts. By the way, the shrink tubing on cables that some brands use probably need to be replaced more often than that.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The rubber coating on the Summit cables serves only as a noise reducer.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:57 PM

They are awesome. I bought one last year and hunted out of it more times than I care to admit. Definatly the quietest stand I have ever used and very sturdy as well. TGK
Old 03-01-2004, 05:08 PM

I bought one last year and it works great. I also added a seat pad, the lone wolf adapter for the bow holder, and I used a piece of pipe insulation on the front bar and wrapped camo tape around that. Light weight, stable, and climbs very easily. I just wish there were more trees up in my neck of the woods where I could use it.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Spike

Thanks for the advice.I plan on buying one before next season.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about this yall, I just found out I won a Lone wolf climber from Outdoors Unlimited !!

How about that baby!!! Whoooo hooooo!! Outdoors Unlimited, The orginal Hunting ISP and they help out by donating 1 dollar of the monthly bill to groups like the NRA and Hunters Helping Hunters. See, not only do they have a pro-gun business they support us in return

I have a summit but could always use another good stand !!

Quick Reply: Lon Wolf tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.