Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 New Seat-O-The-Pants VEST!!!!! >

New Seat-O-The-Pants VEST!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Seat-O-The-Pants VEST!!!!!

Old 02-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default New Seat-O-The-Pants VEST!!!!!

Just got it in the Mail. Will (summitman) just sent me a new Summit Seat-O-The-Pants VEST. Since I'm at work, I haven't actually tried it on yet. I just got it in.

I've been looking at getting a vest for a year or so. Well, I currently have the SOP that came with my Revolution. I wouldn't climb a tree without....PERIOD!!!!! I feel very safe in it, and that is the reason I never did get a vest/harness system. The fact is I trust the SOP with my life. I'm excited to get home and try this on.

My initial reactions:

Seems like a very nice system. It's actually very similar to the original SOP in the way it attaches to the tree. All straps are very heavy nylon. Looking at it....it actually resembles a turkey vest without the front. I guess it's hard to picture in your head. When I get home, I will try it on and take pics and post them hopefully tomorrow.

Also what I like about it...it folds up and stores into itself via a large back pocket. Almost liek those old Columbia jackets that folded into themselves. It's nice beause it makes the vest less bulky when you store it.

As I'm typing, I'm looking at it trying to discribe it. Esecially, it's a SOP harness sown right into a vest. I like that!!!!! I've seen other vests that the safty line in your back kind of "disappears" into the vest. Well, what do they attach to. You can actually see the whats going on with this vest. Again....makes me feel much safer. YES...it does have a front pocket. At first glance I was dissapointed because I thought it didn't....but as I look at it a play with it more....there it is!!!!!!

Anyway, I gotta get to work.....I'll try and get some pics 2-night and post pics tomorrow.

So far....it's a buy.

Jay
Old 02-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Seat-O-The-Pants VEST!!!!!

That will be an AWESOME product!!! I have to have one for next season? The SOP is simply the best safety system I have found, now the SOP Vest will be a must have. Can't wait to see one.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:32 AM

I will be looking at one for next season. From what I have read and seen, looks like Summit has another winner.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

Well, I got pics of the vest, and tried to upload them, but the website would not take them. The file size is o.k.....keeps saying it can't find the website. Then I tried again.......Camera's batteries went dead[:@]

Sorry, you'll have to wait for pics. Hopefully, I'll get them up tomorrow.

J
Old 02-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Finally got some pics. I had to resize them.

Here is the vest all wrapped up. As I said before, it folds up (rolls up) into a "pocket" in the back of the vest. Pretty nice option. What is nice is the vest/straps NEVER gfet tangled up together. I use the regular SOP and when I take it off, I usually just throw it in the bed of my truck. Next time I use it.....I have to untangle it. Here is the first pic.

j

Old 02-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a pic of the vest. Not much to say here. Just visual!!!!

Old 02-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a view inside the vest. As you can see the original SOP harness literally sits inside the vest and is just fastened in by snaps. The snaps seem to be real secure and do not seem like they will get worn out. The flap on the bottom is the "pocket" I was talking about that the harness tucks itself into when your down.

I think anyone who has worn the SOP will agree...this is probably the safest 4 point harness out there...I find more comfortable than others I have tried as well. I think the vest just adds to the SOP, making it easier to use (getting in and out).

Old 02-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the front of the vest as I wear it. As I said before...pretty much the same as the regular SOP. Just easier to use. Still has the harness that you can use WHILE YOU CLIMB, and DESCEND!!!!!!!! I got mine in a size large...I think that is the biggest they come. I THINK. I'm a 50" chest, and 35" waste....still plenty of room, which is nice because I'll have plenty to wear under the vest. If you can see it...look closely, there is a pocket located on the right side (my left side).

Old 02-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Last and Final pic. This is the back view as I wear it.....stop looking at my A$$

Again, I just wanted to show what it looked like. Any questions give me a shout PM or e-mail.

After wearing the vest, I really like it. I also wear a harness for my binos which I tried on while wearing the vest. The seem to work out all right. Just gotta make sure the long peice in the back is'nt under the bino harness.

I think the main reason I like this harness is that, ONE...It's Summit Quality. Anyone who has used their stuff knows. TWO....it's still basically the SOP Harness ....just easier to use. Won't tangle.

Only thing I would change....maybe more pockets. Overall, I think it's a great buy. You can't put a price on Safety!!!!!! This one WILL KEEP YOU SAFE!!!!!!

Jay

Old 02-26-2004, 04:59 PM

justthrowit good review ! do you know what they are going to sell for?? and i promise i didn't look at your a$$

Quick Reply: New Seat-O-The-Pants VEST!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.