Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Cold weather coveralls...need info >

Cold weather coveralls...need info

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cold weather coveralls...need info

Old 02-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cold weather coveralls...need info

Hey guys, has anyone used the Cabela's Revolution Fleece Dry-Plus or MT050 Extreme Weather coveralls? I got a pair of Revolution Fleece coveralls for Christmas and I tried them today. I thought they seemed a little noisy but I wasn't in an actual bowhunting setup. Does anyone else think they are a bit noisy? I need to get a bigger size so I'm not sure if I'm going to get another pair or upgrade to the MT050 Extreme weather coveralls. Any info on either the Revolution Fleece or MT050 coveralls would be a great help. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Spike

Default RE: Cold weather coveralls...need info

I have the Cabelas Whitetail Extreme in New Mossy Oak. I bought the Advantage Timber but it had way to much red in it for me for late Iowa deer hunting. These are a super nice coverall w/gortex. They are super warm, would not want to walk very far, as they are hot and kinda heavy. They are comfortable, but have a tendancy to pick up burrs, but they simply brush off. I have tried a lot of stuff and these are the warmest but also most expensive.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I own quite a bit of Revolution Fleece garments including two insulated outfits. Neither is a coverall though. I also just picked up a MT050 insulated coveralls from Cabelas retail store in Hamburg this past December. It was in the bargain cave for about half the price of what they go for new. I could not resist the opportunity. I wore it on a few occasions during our extended archery season and I must say that I am very happy with the warmth of the garment as well as the durability. It is top notch...but then again I was also entirely happy with the Revolution fleece gear.

It is a toss up. I can visually see or feel a difference between the two fabrics and both seem about the same in terms of heat retention though the MT050 does have more Thinsulate in it and uses Gore-tex instead of Dry Plus.

Either would be a good choice in my opinion.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

I'm leaning more and more towards the MT050. One thing I don't like about the Revolution Fleece Coveralls is the leg zippers only go to the knees. I normally walk 1/2 mile+ so I would be putting the coveralls on in the field. Full-length leg zippers would really make it easier to put the coveralls on without taking off my boots. I believe the MT050 coveralls have full-length leg zippers???? Are the MT050 coveralls real bulky? To the point where they may interfere with shooting a bow? Thanks!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I believe the MT050 coveralls have full-length leg zippers???? Are the MT050 coveralls real bulky? To the point where they may interfere with shooting a bow? Thanks!!!
Yes, the zippers are full length. No, I would not call the outfit bulky but it feels like it weighs the proverbial "ton". I had no problems shooting any of my bows with the outfit on.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Whitetail Extrerme MT50 pants and jacket. Warm, but very noisy when walking through briars. Great for stand hunting, not so great for walking. It sounds like you are planing to carry yours in anyway, so they should be good for you.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:39 AM

I've been wearing the Columbia wool bibs and shirt the last couple of seasons. I really like this stuff, it will keep you snug as a bug. It's a littly bulky, BUT when its really cold out, this stuff is hard to beat.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info!! Right now I'm leaning toward the MT050 coveralls, but I'm not sure I want to pay the extra $100. I think I'm going to check them out first hand at Cabela's before I make my final decision.