HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   its between(legacy--phoenix or liberty) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/51983-its-between-legacy-phoenix-liberty.html)

goldtip45 02-04-2004 09:06 PM

its between(legacy--phoenix or liberty)

SHOT THE LEGACY TONIGHT AND IM TELLING YOU IT IS ONE SMOOTH AND QUITE SHOOTING BOW--CANT WAIT TO TRY PARKERS PHOENIX WHEN BASS PRO GETS THEM IN--THEY SAID ANOTHER MONTH,I THINK THAT IS KIND OF ODD---THEN THE LIBERTY BY BOWTECH.IM LOOKING FOR THE SMOOTH DRAW AND SOLID BACK WALL.I DO LIKE MATHEWS NEW CAMO ON SOME OF THERE NEW BOWS.I TRIED THE OUTBACK AND IT SURE WAS NOT AN COMFORTABLE BOW TO DRAW TO ME.I WISH ALL THERE BOWS HAD THE CAMO LIKE THE OUTBACK THOUGH.

nubo 02-04-2004 10:19 PM

RE: its between(legacy--phoenix or liberty)

Look's like you got a tough choice ahead of you ,I've never seen the Parker Pheonix,but I have shot the Legacy ,I bought a new B/T this season .I see it either way you select I'm sure you'll be happy B/T/ Liberty sound's to me to be an awsome bow .

nubo

CBM SC 02-05-2004 05:55 AM

GT......The Outback may have been pulling way more poundage than you thought ! Mine is pulling 75# maxed out ! Backing it down to 70# ......it's smoother than a 70# Legacy IMO (the DFC is definately smoother)! The HP cam on the Outback also has a draw stop peg......which creates as solid of a backwall as you can get (Bowtech's have the same).....it is much better than the Legacy's backwall ! I like the new Bowtechs.....haven't seen the Parker.......but if your really interested in the Mathews......I would try it again and verify.....draw lengths.....poundage....and accesories..........to make sure your comparing apples to apples....so to speak !

Good luck !

PABowhntr 02-05-2004 06:40 AM

Well, whatever you end up with I think you will be happy. All three are top of the line bows. I can vouch for the Bowtech and Mathews though I have not had a chance to try the new Parker lineup.

Swamp Dawg 02-06-2004 07:54 AM

I will vouch for the Liberty. It is by far the smoothest drawing bow I have ever owned. And while it is not one of the fastest bows that Bowtech makes, it has very respectible fps. (IBO 300-308)

Bowtech Dually 02-12-2004 04:53 PM

Just got literature from Diamond Archery, I would seriously also look at the 2004 Gladiator single cam as it fits right in with the group your looking at and has a IBO of 328 with a 7 " brace height, and 34" axel to axel.
BD

IAKSmith 02-15-2004 04:57 PM

My shop has the Parker line in. The Phoenix is a nice bow and I think about $100.00 cheaper than the BT. The bad thing is, Parker is out of the modules for a 29 inch draw at the time. I haven't pulled a Legacy but don't think you can beat the Liberty.