Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best sights???

Old 02-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best sights???

Those replies are just giving opinions on what I like to call "supplemental" sights-additional hardware subject to FAILURE. The absolute best sight-BAR NONE-is your own two eyes.

Go with maybe a single pin or something on a limb and SHOOT! If YOU can't truly shoot some decent groups then you're just on crutches.

Shoot instinctively-shoot true.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 02-03-2004, 08:48 AM

well if you dont shoot instintivly go with copper john.. but there is a town of great sites but this one has been proven
Old 02-03-2004, 09:06 AM

I will add another vote for the Copper john sights.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Dominant Buck

I have been hunting with a Pollington Red Dot Scope. No peep or kisser is needed. Works great in low light conditions. What I didn't like was the cost. I did see however a lower cost one in Bass Pro or Cabelas. It was under $100 and had crosshairs built in.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:14 PM

uncle matt - you were better off not even replying. that is not what the gentleman asked. that may be your way, but not a majority of folks way.

schultz16,
the best advice you recieved is to go to your shop and try various sights, and see what you like the best. there have been some very reputable ones mentioned, so you have somewhere to start.

good luck!

J in GB
Old 02-06-2004, 03:59 PM

I have the trophy ridge nitro extreme the vertical pins, it took a little getting used too at first, but now i wouldn't use anything else.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

After checking out a bunch of sights, I went with the Tru-Glo Glo-Brite single pin. Very bright sight, has a level... Much better than the low end Tru-Glos. I picked it over the Cosmic line and Vital Bow Gear, both of which make some good stuff. Never did check out the Trophy Ridge line, cuz I heard some negative stuff about them but understand they have gotten better.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Trophy Ridge line has some outstanding sights. One of THE best selling sights for '04 is sure to be the new TR MANTIS, this awesome moveable sight doubles as a top quality Pendulum. Check out the slick new TR V-Drive system offered on the '04 line.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:16 PM

What I look for in equipment, assuming the articles basic purpose has been met, is ruggedness. I use a Spot-Hogg Right on on one bow and an HHA Optimizer 5000 on another. Both are excellent sights, in my opinion. These aren't the least expensive sights to be sure but they rugged and dependable.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:34 PM

IL-Cornfed have u noticed that these sights are 134$ i think that is outrageous!!!!!!!!!! plus they look to complecated

Quick Reply: Best sights???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.