HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   browning micro-midas 3 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/49722-browning-micro-midas-3-a.html)

pasquel 01-16-2004 11:55 PM

browning micro-midas 3

As you all know, our children are the future of our great sport. I bought my son his first bow this year, a Browning Micro-Midas 3. I love the bow, it shoots great, has a 10 inch adjustable draw length, and is very light and attractive. Have any of you had any experience w/ this bow, and if so, what are your thoughts?:eek:

djkiller 02-07-2004 12:25 AM

RE: browning micro-midas 3

I own a browning mirage zx. so I decided that I like how it shot I would take my 12 yr. old son and let him shoot some bows for his birthday. I'll tell ya what I shot the bow my self. i was impressed on its accuracy and variety of adjustments. as far as youth style bows its one of the best. I've been seeling bows for years and its a top seller for young sters. good luck!!

Shootem up870 02-09-2004 02:51 PM

i have the rage by browning but my cuzn has the micro midas III. i think it is fairly fast for being only a 40-50#??? bow. i was shooting at 55#s with my fred bear and he was shooting at 50#s and was shooting faster than me plus he was having some fletching contact to his rest b/c he never got a prong style rest he just kept the factory rest.

the only thing is make sure ur kid is using the same fiber optic dot each time he shoots b/c there is 2 dots on each pin. my cuzn wasnt even paying attention and we could never find out all the sudden y an arrow would be 2-3 feet to the left of the target. g/l

SIDEWAYS 02-09-2004 07:40 PM

I bought my 13yr old a midas 3, he loves it and with the adjustability it should take him through the next 2 seasons, (i love it ) I promised him I would buy him a whisker biscuit after he shot his first deer. Well guess what, he shot a button buck his first time out. It is a great beginners bow.

bowhunterboy12 02-11-2004 12:42 PM

I own the micro adrenaline but my friend has the micro midas and it shoots very well. It has a smooth draw and is very quiet. I like the Browning bows. They are quiet, accurate, and all around good bows.;)

Bldhound 02-18-2004 11:14 PM

My girlfriend uses hers & loves it..................................I've shot it & like it.

imgeetus 03-02-2004 10:59 AM

I purchased one for my wife last year. She is small framed. She absolutely loved the bow. Not to mention i have up and coming archers in the family who will use it!!

JOE PA 03-03-2004 06:44 PM

I bought one for my son about a year ago. I think it is a pretty nice bow for the money. While I do like bows with a decent amount of draw length adjustment, I really think the 10" length adjustment is overkill, especially with only 10# range of adjustment in the limbs. The older Micro Midas had either 15 or 20# of draw weight adjustment. My dealer told me that I could not order separate limbs for the bow, which, IMO, kind of defeats the purpose of having so much draw length adjustment. By the time my boy is up to the 26-28" draw, he should be ready for more weight than the bow will allow.[:@]

All in all, though, it is a nice shooting bow that can be adjusted to fit many archers, and should be as accurate as bows that cost more, and have less adjustment range on draw length.:)

cweeks 03-04-2004 10:21 AM

I bought my first one for my 8 yr. old daughter last fall but the six year old could not pull it back so a friend let me borrow an old recurve.One day after a morning hunt we were shooting and we let the youngest try to pull it again and this time she was able to pull it with no effort so I bought the second one in Jan. for her 7th birthday. I can't say enough good about these bows. The advantage of 10 in. draw adjustment allows them to grow with the bow rather than buy a new one every couple of years the way they grow.