Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 New style mechanical head >

New style mechanical head

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New style mechanical head

Old 01-14-2004, 07:32 AM

Default New style mechanical head

Saw this in a magazine the other day. I believe its made by Satelite. Its a "slide to open" mech head. The difference is the cutting blades are already facing out and upon impact the top of the blade slides down pushing the bottom of the blade outward. Has anyone tried this head. This design is supposedly supposed to eliminate some of the problems associated with other mechanicals.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New style mechanical head

They have me intrigued, also. I will not be parting with any of my hard-earned money until someone else tests 'em.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Spike

Sounds very much like a copy cat of the RM Snyper. Does anyone have a photo of this head? 5 shot always seems to be on top of new broadheads. Have you heard anything about this mechanical 5 shot?
Alan D
Old 01-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree it not only sounds like the Snyper but also the Rocky Mountain Revolution .... wait a second....Was it Satelite that was making the Revolution 'copycat'? I forget what it was called but 5 shot did a review of them as well. The only thing I remember about them was that the ferrule was purple and the way in which the blades were connected to one another was rather flimsy.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:18 PM

I thinkyou are referring to the Satelite Dead Ringer...if so I think it got one of 5shots's worst scores yet...

http://www.american-hunter.com/broad...ead_Ringer.htm

If you have enough KE a better choice would be a GoldTip Gladiator. I used 1 this year and it worked AWESOME!!!

Old 01-15-2004, 06:30 PM

Here is a pic of the Gladiator, IMHO, they are one of the best heads on the market for the price you pay. They are about $8/3 pack.

Old 01-16-2004, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it is the dead ringer stay away from it! Not worth the effort. In fact just about every Satillite head I have tested has not done well. The only exception has been the bear razorheads which are now sold through the north american archery group.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:47 AM

I think the Snyper works better and it is proven, unlike this new head!!
Old 02-08-2004, 08:45 AM

to me broadhead that is $8 for 3 of them i wont even kill a frog with them all the money that is in the archery eqiupment why buy cheap broadheads.. i know i wouldnt use cheap broadhead if you ever hit a rib or bone with them they probably would come out looking like a nickle
Old 02-08-2004, 03:22 PM

oniedaeagle, you need to spend the 9.50 for a pack of Gold Tip Gladiators, they are awesome. I've spent $30 for 3 broadheads that were junk. Nothing personal, just saying the Gladiators are not "cheap" heads.

Quick Reply: New style mechanical head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.