Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

limb nut dampeners

Old 01-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default limb nut dampeners

I have been looking thru archery catalogs and have seen some bows with round things where the limbs connect to the riser. Does anyone have any experience or insight on thes dampening accessories? I have seen PSE NV system and i believe Sims makes one. Are they worth the money ($50-$70)??
Old 01-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: limb nut dampeners

You're on the money about what it is. It a PSE/SVL creation, called the NV System. I've fitted one to my bow and it helped 'quite a bit' with the vibration. The down side (IMO) to it is--it increases the front end weight of the bow, thus making the bow slightly heavier. Also the bow has to be disassembled and reassembled to have them installed. This can be done at a pro shop, takes about 15 ~ 20 mins, and a bow press is required for this job.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:13 PM

sims makes the nv's for pse. the one sims puts out are called extreme limb savers and like ampahunter said your bow has to be disassembled , i've been thinking about trying them but the 70 price tag has been holding me back, it's also a thing where i'm comfortable with my bow they way it is and i get good groups so i don't want to mess with it.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:47 AM

i have installed all of the sims stuff on my bow bout 125.00 was best investment i made getting better groups has quited my bow down as well, i would say go for it you wont regret spending the extra cash
Old 01-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks

anyone else with any experience
Old 01-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have yet to try the Sims system though the advantage of being able to screw additional weights into it intrigues me. I have installed many PSE NV systems on various bows. They do add weight to the bow, as mentioned above, and do affect balance....but they also do help significantly reducing noise and vibration...due to their location, composition and weight.

Are they worth $50? I think that would depend on how noisy/shocky your bow is. If a set of limbsavers does not quiet it down enough for your tastes then the NV system would probably be worth a try.