Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best rest on the market ?

Old 01-12-2004, 06:15 PM

Default RE: Best rest on the market ?

Finger shooter here. Using the Flipper II with the stay put arrow holder. Works good for me but all the Flipper rests have been discontinued. Any other finger shooters out there? What are you shooting off of? I'll need something else down the road. Oh yes, I shoot the Jennings Carbon Extreme.

Twoshot Jim
Old 01-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

No votes for the Vital bow Gear rest? Man, you guys are missing out on an awesome hunting rest!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

A semi-static rest with a plastic ring filled with poly paint bristles performs better than a highly tunable (adjustable) piece of equipment? R-i-g-h-t!
I was just wondering what everyone thought the best rest on the market today is.
Since this is a hunting forum I'm guessing he was wondering what everyone felt the "best" hunting rest on the market was?
I wouldn't label the whisker biscuit the "best rest" , but I'd deffinately label it the best hunting rest that I've ever used!

Btw c903

The offer still stands on that whisker biscuit! I'd be more than happy to send you one to try out so you can come back and give an honest review!
Old 01-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I must say. I am shocked at the number of votes for the wisker biscuit. I never knew so many people not only shot but liked the results of the wisker biscuit. I must say that I am still sticking to my guns on the muzzy zero effect. When I am in the stand I can't even try and get the arrow to fall off the rest. It is in the perfect position on every draw and you don't have to worry about it until then. My arrows fly faster, more accurate and are easier to load. But it's all in personall preference.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

The Muzzy ZE gets my vote. I do not know of anyone not satisfied with their Muzzy. I am surprised by the WB results also.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:44 AM

Trophy Taker fall away just won second at Iowa Pro am indoor. I will tak accuracy any time. Seems these pros know what works and shoots accurate. If they can win on that level with Trophy Taker that says it all for me. Been using mine two years and it gets my vote.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:49 AM

BOWFANATIC:

I sincerely appreciate the offer. However, considering that I am fairly well versed on what a hunting rest should do and should not do, needs to do and need not do, the design and material of the "Whacking Basket" speaks for itself. It is not a rest that I consider to be conducive to best reliablity and best performance and durability.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

For a hunting rest, IMO the MZE is it.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOWFANATIC:

I sincerely appreciate the offer. However, considering that I am fairly well versed on what a hunting rest should do and should not do, needs to do and need not do, the design and material of the "Whacking Basket" speaks for itself. It is not a rest that I consider to be conducive to best reliablity and best performance and durability.

I figure if I keep hounding you to try it out eventually you'll take me up on my offer! As many times as this topic comes up in a year , I figure I'll have at least a dozen other opportunities to hound you some more!
Old 01-16-2004, 04:40 AM

I have alot of different rests. Two of them are the Trophy Taker and the MZE.
I like the MZE the best of all for hunting.

Quick Reply: Best rest on the market ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.