Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 In search of reputable Outfitter in Illinois >

In search of reputable Outfitter in Illinois

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

In search of reputable Outfitter in Illinois

Old 01-01-2004, 02:25 PM

Default In search of reputable Outfitter in Illinois

I'm planning to make a trip out to Illinois on a whitetail safari. I have received many brouchures from a variety of outfitters. They all sent a list of referals but I know who makes the referal list (The most successful hunters). I'm looking for that info but also the rest of the accomadations. Food,sleeping accomodations.I'm looking for a HOME LIKE SETTING NOT A HOMLEY SETTING.Any feed back to this post is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: In search of reputable Outfitter in Illinois

Richie, sent you an e-mail.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:00 PM

Try doing a google search for these:

Rodhouse Rut and Strut
Hadley Creek Outfitters
Golden Triangle Outfitters

I've heard good things about these. You could also try joining "Access Illinois", which is basically a network of private land owners who will lease their land to hunters. I personally prefer this way, I don't like the idea of having a guide and already having my stands hung. IMO, that's not hunting, just shooting.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:00 PM

Here this one is in Pike County!

http://www.bucksbeware.com/
Old 01-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have heard good things about Rodhouse Rut in Strutt, and have heard good things about http://www.horizonhunting.com/.

Im not so sure about Hadley Creek. IF you want to research them i would take a wonder over to bowsite.com and search Hadley Creek. You will see all kinds of information about them.

Where ever you go check them out REAL good before going.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's one I stayed a week at in 2000. Hamilton County, quite a peaceful little place and lots of deer & turkeys. You'll have to entire house to yourself, unless of course you go with a partner or two, with lots of land to hunt.
http://www.geocities.com/crossfarms/
Old 01-02-2004, 08:44 PM

ampahunter: If I may ask how much did it cost you to lease the place for a week, it sounds like a real good idea, and is ideal for a nice place to go!
Old 01-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, back then I paid $600 (each) for the week. Half of that on booking and the other half when I got there. However, I drove down with another hunting buddy, so two of us stayed there. Contact can be made at [email protected]
The owner's name is Bill--found him to be a very decent guy. Helped me a great deal when I was down there. When I got there, I'd wanted to set up more than one stand, but had only walked with one--Bill lives in Missouri, his farm is in Illinois (Hamilton County). He offered to pick me up a stand at the Bass Pro in St. Charles and drive it up for me. As luck would have it, the stand he brought wasn't one I had liked--he drove it back to Bass Pro and brought me out another--now, not many guys would do this I would think.
It was quite a relaxing, enjoyable & SUCCESSFUL trip.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:41 PM

Wow great deal, I am emailed him, the place sounds great, I can't wait!
Old 01-05-2004, 06:27 AM

Crossfarms has a 120" minimum for bucks, their stands are already set up, and it is 1900-2100 for a week of fully guided hunt, since they aquired some 2,500 acres (they partnered) the total acrerage is 2,800, and they now are way of there in price!

Quick Reply: In search of reputable Outfitter in Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.