Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Finally ordered a Treesuit Climber >

Finally ordered a Treesuit Climber

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Finally ordered a Treesuit Climber

Old 12-26-2003, 07:10 AM

Default Finally ordered a Treesuit Climber

Hi all,

After much agonizing, I decided to order the Treesuit Climber from www.treesuit.com . I have a bad back and can't always carry my Summit climber into the deep woods as far as I like to.

I think that the Treesuit Climber will work for me. A lot lighter. I hope that my legs don't cramp up though from sitting against the tree for long periods. Guess that I've got the option to stand up in the harness once in a while. I also ordered their climber foot platform too.

I was studying the pictures on the Treesuit's website; because I was going to just make the same type of climber. Decided that it wasn't worth the effort, so I decided to order it instead.

Once I get it, I'll post back here to let you all know how it works out...

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 12-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Finally ordered a Treesuit Climber

I am curious as to how it will work. The tree suit will definitely have its advantages if it works as well as it is advertised. Keep us posted.
Old 12-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

I am curious too to see how it works for ya. I have an old pair of tree climbers I could use with it. I am kinda scared of falling when using them.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Will, I am very interested in what you think about this.
what part of Maryland are you in ?
Old 12-31-2003, 03:53 AM

Hi Sideways,

I'm in Hanover. SE of MD 295 and MD 100.... near Fort Meade....
Kindest Regards,

-Will
Old 01-03-2004, 06:43 AM

So close to BassPro, you must be poor.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:59 AM

Yeah, I'm a mile away from Arundel Mills. Wish I had gotten BPS's "Rewards card" before I started to spend thousands of dollars in that place......

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 01-12-2004, 04:01 AM

Well, I've recieved the Treesuit climber last week. This is my initial report;

1. The "climber" portion appears to be well made, a little more heavier than I thought it would be. It uses the cable with lugs to attach to the tree (like the Summit climber rubber coated cables) except this climber's cables are not rubber coated. Black plastic tubing is used instead. The cable and lugs are of a smaller nature than the Summit's.

2. If I keep this Treesuit, I think that I will have to re-engineer the way that the cables lock into position after adjusting it for the circumference of the tree that you'd be climbing. Right now, each end of the cable runs through a piece of 1" square metal tubing, and a bolt is inserted through the tubing in order to create a narrow point inside of the tubing to catch the lug on the cable. I feel that the bolt needs to be either larger in diameter, so that if the lug gets a little worn, or the square metal tubing develops a "bow" on one side, the cable will not slip out and loose it's grip on the tree. At any rate, it would be an easy fix.

3. The Treesuit itself works as advertised. I went up a little ways in a tree this Saturday; way too cold to stay out and completely get accustomed to the Treesuit. It definitely is a different way of climbing. I felt snug and safe while sitting in the Treesuit (although I was not very high up). It was comfortable.

4. The straps are made of a black nylon webbing, should be good against rot. They are adjusted by using black nylon ladder buckles (the type that you find on Summit's Seat -o- the Pants body harness) They are two metal rings that the nylon webbing threads through around the tree. I feel that these metal rings should be a little more thicker in diameter.

5. I ordered the large model for the extra large seat. It feels comfortable with a little room to spare. My waist is 38", with additional clothing on, I should still have a little room left.

6. The Treesuit also comes with black nylon braided ropes for the waist rope and the rope that connects the climber to the strap on the tree suit. I've never seen this type of rope; meaning that the nylon rope is woven with one end of it being run inside of itself; so that when you want to lengthen and shorten it; you do so while grasping the the outer rope and pulling the inside rope. When applying tension of the rope, the outer rope constricts over the inner rope, making for a unmovable and locking union between the two. There is a safety hook that attaches to the waist safety rope, it has sharp edges near the point ot the hook and the clasp itself. It may start cutting the nylon rope after repeated use while connecting it to the rope during tree climbing operations.

7. It also comes with a video showing how to use it. The video is complete and detailed; you will need to watch it and review it.

8. On the video, it demonstrated on how you can wrap the Treesuit's straps around yourself and the seat to carry it hands free. I found that the Treesuit would slip down to the back of my thighs after walking a short distance in its stowed configuration. I probably need a little more practice in doing this.

9. It also comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm still undecided if I'm going to keep it or send it back. I wish that it was a little cheaper in cost, I paid around 198.00 total for it. I need to get in the backyard with it one more time to continue evaluating it.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Hanover, Md
Old 01-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the update Will.
This past w/end was definitly a chilly one. I do have some more questions for you once you use it a couple of more times, if you dont mind.
How quickly would this climber turn into a tangled mess of rope and straps?
Can you wear a back pack while wearing the climber?
How is it to shoot out of?
I did order the video off of the website!
I was just in your neck of the woods last w/end. I moved my daughter back to school(Villa Julie) and stopped by Bass Pro Shops on my way home.
Take care
Old 01-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Will, I just recieved the video from the treeclimber co. I thinking very hard about getting one. Let me know what your honest opinion is when you get a chance to try it out again.

P.S how close are you to 895 and I95? It was one of the worst vehicle accidents I have seen

Quick Reply: Finally ordered a Treesuit Climber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.