HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   2004 Mathews bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/45712-2004-mathews-bow.html)

Buck_Buster 12-09-2003 08:58 AM

2004 Mathews bow

Just got some info on the new Mathews bow for 2004 "The Outback".
The new bow will be a shorter version of the LX.
The axle to axle length is going to be 31"
Other than the shorter size it will be the same as the LX

Jeff K 12-09-2003 05:08 PM

RE: 2004 Mathews bow

I mentioned that on the regular bowhunting board, and I emailed mathews if they could give me some specs!

Virginia Hunter 12-10-2003 07:00 AM

I've heard it over and over that the new bow is going to be called the Outback.....I thought Mathews made a bow called the Outback a couple of years ago. I'm not sure but it was a bow that had a heavy draw weight and it was suppose to be used for big game like lion, zebra, cape buffalo, etc. It was not listed in the booklets but in the flyers they sent to the dealers with the specs....So with that said, I don't think its going to be called the Outback.

CBM SC 12-10-2003 02:47 PM

VH , I think I stumbled on this post on another board so I think you've had this answered........but the bow your talking about is a Safari Custom and is basically a Q2XL with high poundage limbs on it !

Macdaddy 12-11-2003 07:50 AM

Stoped in at the bow shop yeasterday. They had the specs for the "Outback" looks like an LX, 31", more paralel limbs, longer brace height, HP cam, 65%/80% letoff, new camo pattern, and some other minor details.

They said that they will probably have one in the shop mid to late Jan for testing and ordering.

The retail price will be $729.00 I'm sure he'll sell a boatload of them. He said that the Legacy and the SQ2 may get minor bidding due to all of the new tech in the Outback and LX but who knows.

rcd567 12-12-2003 03:39 PM

My proshop guy said the same thing about the Outback. Said they were also coming out with a bow called the Mustang, and two other un-named bows. He didn't know any details of the Mustang. He's already told the Mathews rep he'd take six of the Outbacks, sight unseen.:D My Legacy would never forgive me if it could read my mind.[:o] Neither would my wife.[&o]

slbowman 12-16-2003 08:00 PM

I thought that I had heard that the Mustange was a youth and or ladies bow . Not sure on any of the specs though.

ampahunter 12-17-2003 09:27 AM

The Mustang bows that I know of are made by CHAMPION, in Manitoba, Canada. I find it unusual for Mathews to lable one of its bows 'Mustang' also.
This may cause some confusion!!