Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 syper mechanical broadheads >

syper mechanical broadheads

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

syper mechanical broadheads

Old 12-07-2003, 10:48 PM

Default syper mechanical broadheads

Does anyone have any hunting experience with the snyper broadheads. My testing shows they fly great and should leave full diamerter entrance wounds. How do they penetrate? Are they tough enough for an unintended shoulder shot on deer? Please advise.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: syper mechanical broadheads

These are excellent broadheads, they are pretty tough, and fly great. Penetration is on par with most fixed blade heads and they do leave a full size entrance hole. Actually the entrance hole is larger than full size. This is becuase of the way the blades swing back and open.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Elkaddict, I can give you a firsthand account of a shoulder shot as of 11-17 this year. I shot a decent 8 pt at 29-30 yards ( with a Mathews Q2 68 lb. , 28" draw, 28" Goldtip 5575XT with a Snyper). I hit the buck a little farther forward that I wanted. The Snyper busted through the top of both shoulders and left devestating entrance and exit wounds and an excellent bloodtrail. And it was in great condition afterwards. I have been using the Rocky Mt. Revolutions for the past 3 years and have also had great success with them, and decided to try the Snypers this year. I am very impressed and very happy with the Snypers. I will be using them from now on. Very great b-head!!
Old 12-08-2003, 07:33 PM

i shot 2 deer with them last year both double lung no shoulder.both hit ribs going in they were both passthroughs both tips curled on the heads. i will not shoot these heads on deer and would not think of shooting at elk with these.so i went back to the revoultions. i like two holes in what i shoot at when the snyper has a tricore tip it will be a great head as of now its just to wimply for me.there's bones in them animals.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:41 PM
JPS

I have taken three does and a buck in the last two years with the snypers and they performed great.One doe I shot last year was at 10 yards sharp quartering away,the arrow entered at the last rib breaking it then going up through the vitals through the leg (not bone) on the opposite side and stuck in the ground two inches.The other doe and buck was broadside shots with complete passthroughs.Then a big doe this year which was quartering away,the arrow did not pass completely through but she only made it about 60 yards with a great blood trail.Two of the deer was taken with the same head I just put new blades on it.The Snypers work great for me and I will continue to use them until I find something better.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:35 PM

Go to the Fixed vs mechanical post, I just put my rant about the Snypers over there. By the way, it is an awsome head!!