Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

AR-34

Old 11-30-2003, 11:52 AM

Default AR-34

I am planning on getting a new bow and have been thinking about a ' 04 BowTech or Matthews, but most recently I ran across a sweet deal on a ' 03 AR34.. I think I would save money if I went with the AR 34..What are your thoughts??? The primary use of the bow will be hunting with some 3-D.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:09 PM

Default RE: AR-34

GreatDane

I have an AR 34 I bought about 3 - 4 months ago or so. It is truely a wonderful bow. I shot it next to Mathews, Hoyt bows and bought the AR. I liked the handle a lot better than the Mathews, and hoyt......

I shoot my AR at 63 pounds, with Gold Tip XT arrows (5575) at 28" draw length, with 100 grain heads.

I have the bow very well tuned and use a Trophy Taker Fall away rest.

I can shoot bare shafts within 1" of my fletched shafts at 30 yards - I can shoot broadheads (steel force, Montecs, or Muzzy, to 60 yards that group with my field points...... The bow shoots fantastic. I would not at all hesitate to buy another AR....... and they are even cheaper than the Mathews......
I took a nice sized 7 point with it this year in Indiana.... a pass through, that the arrow went another 15 yards and this was a double lung/heart shot that exited out the opposite shoulder... The bow shoots fast and hard and if you tune it like I did you will have a bow that will serve you very well......
Hope I helped
Old 11-30-2003, 02:20 PM

Thank-you for your review.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

The choices you have given us are all within a 100.00 dollar's of each other .The AR is the cheapest and the Mathew's the most expensive .

I like the AR when I shot it and I liked the Bow Tech as well. For your money I would have to go with the AR ,in my case I'll spend the extra and buy the Bow Tech .I found the AR shoot's so smooth and hand shock free and probablythe most forgiving of all. I've been tossed up with deciding whether to go AR or Bow Tech that it's driving me nut's .When I shot the Bow Tech It was blistering fast and it also was very smooth not as smooth as the AR but I just loved the speed,Iwasn't impressed with the speed of the AR and That's really what's making my decision Bow Tech.Good luck with your choice and which ever you choose I'm sure you will be very happy ,all your choice's are top of the line .

nubo
Old 12-07-2003, 08:06 PM

What can I say?,, Eightwgt said it all already. My AR-34 is everything that he said and shoots just as well. I have a Zero- Effect on mine and am grouping Muzzy 100 grs in about 4 inches at sixty yards. Ive got mine set on 68 lbs and shoting an Easton Exel 400 with 100 gr Muzzy at 286, not to shabby for a hunting setup. This summer I had it shooting a little over 300 fps for 3-D. Its not the fastest bow out but when you hunt speed only makes you miss faster. You wont be dissapointed with it.