Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Found 2 bows need hlep

Old 11-24-2003, 02:37 PM

Default Found 2 bows need hlep

What do you guys know and think about these 2 bows.

Both are at Cabelas. First one is a PSE Nova One Cam Pkg. Comes with sights, arrow rest adn quiver for 199

Next I like this one but the draw weight it what I don' t like it only goes to 50 I like 70 and 80 its a Golden Eagle Sparrohawk 2. Comes with arrow rest, peep sights, string silencers, sights for 219
Old 11-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Found 2 bows need hlep

Is this your first bow? If it is then I would fore go the Cabelas idea. Go to a pro shop so they can set you up properly. They will make sure that everything fits you just right and have you shooting in no time. It may cost a little bit more to buy it there but if you don' t you are going to have to pay someone to set it up for you any way unless you have a compitent friend or family member with all the proper tools and equipment.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve always liked the Sparrowhawk comparing the two, but it should be a easy decision.......shoot them.....the one that feels best to you.......buy it!

GoodLuck!
Old 11-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-25-2003, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a PSE Nova and like the bow very much. I would recommend that you NOT get the package though. The components are not real good. Especially the sights. I know the price is tempting but IMO you will be replacing the sights and rest soon. The quiver is pretty good. Locks on tight and quiet. You really should let a pro shop set you up with your first bow to be sure everything fits.
Good luck.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:01 PM

Well the Nova is 199 either way you go. I hate those sights, I bought them before on my bow that is 25 years old LOL Maybe not that old but its old. They have to have a allen wrench to adjust them. One time I dropped the wrench in the grass and had to go buy another wrench [:@]
Old 11-26-2003, 12:03 AM

research,research,research........................ .................
Old 11-26-2003, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would probably go with the Nova package as PSE is usually pretty good in terms of quality and definitely one of the best when it comes to customer service issues.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:48 PM

Buy the Nova one. I recently retired from the military and when I moved did not have access to my bows in storage. I went out and bought the nova one. I got some good carbon arrows and shot the heck out of this bow and can say I am very impressed.

Tagged two deer so far, both Double lung, heart pass through shots. 1st deer at 28 yards and 2nd at 22 yards. This bow is worth the money IMO.

Dave
Old 11-27-2003, 04:26 PM

My brother bought the very package you are talking about and he loves it. The sites are the weak point but are sufficient for a start up rig. But by all means go to your local archery shop and let them make any adjustments that you will invariably need. The Nova is a good sound bow not down on the other at all but for the money I personally go with the Nova. Their customer service is outstanding.

Quick Reply: Found 2 bows need hlep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.