Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Opinions on various releases..please >

Opinions on various releases..please

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Opinions on various releases..please

Old 11-06-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Opinions on various releases..please

I have been shooting a Wynn Free Flight release for about 12 years, since about the time they originally came out I think.

I may purchase a new release and will likely continue to NOT USE a loop. I notice that there are newer, different release mechanisms and would appreciate hearing different views and preferences.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2003, 06:47 PM

Default RE: Opinions on various releases..please

I have used the Scott little goose for years, it is a great release!! Never had a problem with it.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:49 AM

I am new to shooting with a release so my opinion is based on limited experience. So limited in fact, I can only comment on the True-Fire Hurricane release. I am using the Hurricane glove style release. I have no idea why it' s called a glove style. I am able to grip a pad with my lower three fingers and pull from there, not my wrist. Anyway, after a few false starts, I have learned to like this release very much.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will second the vote for the Trufire Hurricane. I have a similar model...the Surefire and the Xcaliper 2 and both have worked flawlessly for the last 5 or 6 years for me. I would highly recommend them.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I highly recommend the Scott Mongoose or lil Goose I have used a Scott since they first came out with never a problem
Old 11-17-2003, 07:18 AM

Another vote for the Scott Little Goose with a buckle. I love mine. Very precise and crisp.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:39 AM

Scott Little Goose gets another vote. On a side note, the trigger is threaded in, so you might want to put some lok-tite or something on it. I had mine wiggle loose and disappear in the middle of a javelina hunt...I just glued a piece of a wire coat hanger in there and it' s fine!
Old 11-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Scott Mongoose. Not the one with velcro wrist straps. The one with the buckle.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Tru-Fire X-Caliper H. O. T. Power Strap Release. I release it by letting pressure off the trigger instead of pulling on it. I really like it. I don' t have to worry about acidentally releasing an arrow.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:01 PM

Sorry if I am barging in, but what do you guys think about the buckle style releases, for both hunting and shooting?

Quick Reply: Opinions on various releases..please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.