Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What bows do you shoot?

Old 06-01-2019, 06:58 AM
Spike

Default What bows do you shoot?

I've been shooting a Mathews mq32 bow, for a long time. Great bow light shoots great patterns, etc, all good, however, a lot of great bows with so many features out there now, i am considering buying a new bow. can anyone give me some pros and cons ? before i spend a grand and make a mistake?. I would appreciate any input, and of course i will shoot a few first, but there are a lot of nice bows out now. if anyone has experience with the newer bows, it would certainly help. thanks ROMAN
Old 06-02-2019, 11:25 PM
Spike

For the longest time now I've used the "Bear Archery Br33 Rh 70"
It's lightweight enough, feels very smooth. I feel no vibration and it's very quiet when I shoot. I can stack arrows on top of each other at 40yards as a novice with bows.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

I use a browning tornado(close to 20 yrs old) for big game
and a 25# 1960's or 70's cougar bow for small game
both have been great
Old 10-30-2019, 03:21 AM
Spike

Default Still killing deer.

I'm using a 2003 Hoyt Razortec. Just switched to goldtip arrows and rage broadheads. I don't see a reason to buy a new one. I am going to be upgrading my sight and possibly my rest for next season.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

I say stick to your current bow. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT. I got a 06 Bowtech Tribute that I love. I was thinking about buying something new and shot a bunch of new bows back in 15. I just didnt think any justified the $1000. So I went and bought a Tenpoint for $1500. Now I got another weapon. The xbow is helpful on ground hunts.

Now your next post should be I got $1000 to spend on whatever. What should I buy? lol
Old 11-25-2019, 06:58 AM
Spike

Bear Truth
... she don't lie
Old 11-30-2019, 11:49 PM
Spike

Bear Archery 2016 Escape model, great bow, never regret buying it. Do not agree with the previous comment about "stick to your bow". Your Mathews mq32 is really outdated. There are plenty of new models on the market. I am looking for something new, too. Want to try a single pin sight, want a cleaner sight, but different bow sight lists like these place multipin on the top, Have no idea why. Have no idea if multi-pin is considered to be better. I just got used to my device, but want to try another thing. Probably, you feel the same. Well, back to the topic, Bear Archery Escape is a reliable one. That's what I would recommend
Old 12-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Spike

I am also a fan of mq 32 bow. But if you want a change, I would recommend you some of the finest recurve bows:
https://boonieslife.com/best-recurve-bows/
Old 12-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't been archery hunting for very long but I got my start with a Reflex Highlander before swapping over to a PSE for a few years. Now I am pretty happy with the Elite E32. My only complaint is the speed. Still I'll take a little slower arrow for the ease and accuracy of the shot any day. Now if I ever get after some of the larger game or maybe out on the western plains where I might need a 60 yrd shot I may look for one with a little more punch but until then I am quite happy.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:32 AM
Spike

Boy did this post bring up some memories! I carried the MQ32 for exactly 10 seasons all over the country and took more than a fair share of critters with it. I too had the mentality of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and I'm not one of those who need to have a new bow every other year. Well, let me tell you, if you haven't gotten a new one by now you have no idea what you're missing out on. I guess I just got comfortable with the old 32 and never thought about what else was out there. I finally got tired of watching my arrows make a huge rainbow arch toward the target beyond 20 yards and decided to treat myself to the Mathews Monster. All I can say is the 32 is an absolute joke compared to the Monster, WOW!! Unbelievable difference all the way around. Please, do yourself a favor and give that 32 to the nearest young kid in need who may appreciate it. The bow is light, comfortable and shot well but you won't believe the difference once you shoot a newer bow. Now, all this being said, this was my 10th season with the Monster and I still have no intentions of setting it aside for another anytime soon. I love it, it's super fast for my short draw, and I can confidently cut it loose out to 60 with fixed blade heads on any critter out there. My friend keeps mentioning how well the Elite line shoots......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.