Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt mt sport zr200

Old 09-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Spike

Default Hoyt mt sport zr200

Hey guys I'm brand new here and have been shooting bows since I was very young, as early as 4, and have never been into the technical portion of compound bows, I have just purchased a Hoyt mt sport zr200 with a few extras:
4 arrows
Rip cord hha
Hha adj sight
Rip cord drop away rest
Kwikee quiver
Stabilizer
Peep sight
String loop
I was looking for your thoughts on if this should be a good bow to get into hunting with for only $135 shipped to my door
The specs are as follows 60-70 lb draw weight and adjustable draw from 28"-30.5.
I did own a 75lb draw Browning bow however a friend of mine trying to pull it back ended up dry firing it and it blew apart the composite cams and have never been able to find parts for it hence the new to me bow, any ideas concerns or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Nuin; 09-09-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Spec correction and photos
Old 11-26-2018, 06:00 PM
Spike

The hoyt mt sport is an older bow, but not too old. I think it came out around 2001. Everything you have on that bow is perfect for getting started. If you have a chance i would say shoot it first, but for 135$ its great to get into it and see if you like the sport. After using it for a while you could always upgrade and keep this one as a backup bow or bowfishing bow. I would take it to a shop and get the cams and such checked to see that it is tuned, and check string condition. Inspect limbs and such for saftey concerns. The shop can help fit it to you and get the proper draw length and draw weight, and make sure the arrows with it are good for your specifications. Assuming all is good all you will need is field points for practice and broadheads for hunting! good luck! remember age doesnt matter on the bow, dont let anyone make you feel bad for something like that. If it shoots, good chance it can kill!