Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Blood tracking lights

Old 12-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Spike

Default Blood tracking lights

Last year I bought a Primos blood tracking light. For whatever reason I never tried it and I think I was kind of kicking myself for spending the money on what I began thinking was a gimmic. Well...I wanted to share this with you guys...I tried it this year and was stunned at how well it worked! First time, my neighbor needed help and I grabbed it and ran to help. Once I saw what it did it went into my bag and has allowed me to easily follow blood in the dark. I’m talking seeing drops and spray while standing up straight walking.

In case anyone else out there finds tracking blood at night tough...give one a try. I was really impressed!
Old 04-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I bought one of them when they first came out. I've been fortunate enough not to need it yet though as I've arrowed my deer with plenty of light left to track. But I always have it in my truck just in case.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the fellows that I have spoken with tell me that these lights do not work very well. When the blood tracking lights first came out a bunch of guys I know ran out and bought them but do not use them anymore.

I would like to try one of the newest models and hope that it might be better. If the new ones really work as well as advertised they would be well worth the price.