Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Need new tree stand cables >

Need new tree stand cables

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need new tree stand cables

Old 06-16-2017, 04:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Need new tree stand cables

My hang on stands are getting up in age. I heard you should replace your cables every 3-4 years. I even forget what make they are but I know one is a Gorilla. Anyone know where I can get cables made (or bought already made) if I give them the length I need?
Old 06-16-2017, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

any wire rope maker can make you some if you contact them and give them measurements, NOT sure how cheap this will be
have you thought about maybe switching to chains , rather than wire cables?
won't be as light, but can be just as strong or stronger and chain can be had at most bigger chain like hardware stores(so can wire rope, but you need a special crimp-er to do the eye ends the RIGHT WAY)
many yrs back, thats what OEM's even used, I still have a few stands with them even chains rather than straps that attach to the tree, although I think straps make for better fitting to the tree's than the chains did, but for just platform holding up like, chains should work just fine, if your OK with the added weight?
Old 06-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Spike

check ebay they have a lot of stand parts
Old 06-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looking around at the various sites I can buy a heavy duty crimping tool and cable slides with end caps and cable for the price of one set of replacements. Then all I need for the future is more cable and slides.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Use chain , can buy it and have it cut to length at LOWES use tempered nuts and bolts , or small shackles which ever paint the chain let it dry slide heat shrink on then mount it and your ready for years of safety All of mine are chains
Old 01-17-2018, 01:28 AM
Spike

Hi there, you can search into the industrial sources. Look at a Harbor Freight, a Home Depot or an Ace Hardware. It's really amazing to do a storewide search and you will find different items those are usable for hunting and fishing.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I know its been a while since I posted this and I appreciate the responses. I was able to find the manf. of all my stands and reordered new cables and straps (for the ones that use them). All are installed and waiting for the upcoming season.
Thanks all for your input.