Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Carbon or Aluminum Arrows? >

Carbon or Aluminum Arrows?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Carbon or Aluminum Arrows?

Old 01-29-2018, 04:24 PM
Spike

Default Carbon or Aluminum Arrows?

Never shot aluminum arrows so the question is:
which type shaft is the easier to remove from a target?
I will be using a crossbow.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you're using a layer type target either one will be difficult to remove. But IMO there is no comparison between the two. Carbon is the better of the two hands down. It is tougher than aluminum and they are either good or busted. Aluminum arrows are a pain. They have to constantly be checked for straightness and straightened out. Otherwise they fly all over the place. Not sure but I believe carbon arrow stop oscillating quicker then aluminum ones and their thinner diameter gives you greater penetration.
Get carbons and a bag target that can stop them out of your crossbow.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:24 AM
Spike

Aluminum arrows will give you a bigger punch but they bend. carbon are faster and liter and don't Bend or break as much. I like carbon for deer and turkey. I might go to aluminum arrows if I was hunting bigger game.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Spike

Don't limit yourself. I shoot mainly carbons but love to shoot aluminium too. I even shoot some older aluminums from time to time. Like Chris from Under The Open Sky says, you can even use woody arrows - it's just a personal preferences.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Spike

aluminum is not as strong as carbon, so if you are looking for strength i would suggest you go for carbon rather than aluminium.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Spike

I've shot all 3 types of arrows myself, but carbon is a trusted shaft materiel. I must say I love the feeling of wood arrows personally but if I have a choice hunting I'll go carbon.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Spike

I just upgraded my technology last year after shooting a golden eagle and xx75's for twenty years.

My new bear single cam and carbon shafts all day long.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:06 AM
Spike

I prefer Carbon a lot tougher shaft than aluminum
Old 04-17-2019, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you want your arrows to be removed easier you can buy a commercial arrow lube made for the purpose of easier removal from layered targets.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
If you want your arrows to be removed easier you can buy a commercial arrow lube made for the purpose of easier removal from layered targets.
problem I have found with lubing bolts and arrows is, many times then the targets have a harder time to STOP them,m and then you end up with more fletching damage from them going in too deep
so a double edge sword if you use it!
come out easier, yup, but also goes in easier /farther too!
and last, anyone using aluminum bolts, MAKE sure they are the correct spine for the power of your bow/X bow
and ANY flaw in them, means Time s to stop using them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.