Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Champion bows, opinions?? >

Champion bows, opinions??

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Champion bows, opinions??

Old 10-25-2003, 12:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Champion bows, opinions??

I am considering purchasing a Champion Storm. Has anyone had experience with their bows?? What did you think, quality, forgivness, etc??
Old 10-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Champion bows, opinions??

I find it hard to believe that nobody on THIS board has an opinion.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:35 AM

I have a bow made by Champion. I have the Champion Sabre, it is one of their lower end bows. It shoots great. I would not hesitate to buy another Champion bow.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:00 PM

Im also in the market and looking at a champion saber I havent heard anything but good reports. I keep heaing its a great bow and preforms much like bows twice as costly. How is the vibration and such with it?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:53 PM

Champion makes a great bow for the money & they are a good all around bow. You should be more than happy with the Storm, like anything else shoot them before buying!

Old 11-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I haven' t been on the Net in awhile, been busy bowhunting!. I own a Champion Stratus. Brand new last year. They no longer have this model for 2003 to my knowledge. Its the best bow I' ve ever owned, I love it. I looked and shot several brands, and models before I bought the Champion. I shot my Stratus, and the Contender side by side to a Mathews. I honestly couldn' t see a big difference f for the price. I' ve also shot the storm, nice bow! I spoke to two Champion dealers on any possible problems. 1 dealer hadn' t had any returned with problems. The other had just one come back with a small splinter on a limb. He called Champion, and they shipped him two new limbs to put on the bow, no questions asked. They are made in Canada, and are very popular there. I also bought my oldest son a Champion Badger this year.
Both bows were ordered through a local dealer, and I had them within 2wks of order. They have a unlimited lifetime warranty that covers everything except strings, cable, and the grip.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find the Champion Mustang, the Hurricane or the Spitfire all to be quite similar bows, (hunting set-up). For targets, 3D, The Contender or Wildcat. However they are the newer 2003' s, same models which comes with a smaller 2.9" idler wheel and the Tracker II cam (more radical) and I find this set up to be less forgiving. Faster, less vibration out of the box...but a little more time practising to get your set-up and yourself tuned.
The Older model Mustang with the 3-1/2" idler wheel and the laser cam is quite a forgiving bow, but needs some accessories, ( I' m using the limb savers), as there is some recoil, (hand shock), vibration, if shot in the basis stock set-up.
Not as fast--as their new modles, but still gets the job done. A pretty quiet bow, reasonably priced, but like any bow the cost will add up when adding accessories (e.g. custom string & cable) to enhance the performance.
My choice for the ' relaxed' hunting set up....no stress or fears of ' not' being able to draw at the ' moment of truth' is the older Mustang set @ 55 #' s, 27 " Gold Tip 3355 carbons, 100g expandables or mechanicals (either works well with this bow) in total weighting about 360 grains, developing about 242 fps with a kinetic of about 44 ft lb.

Old 11-13-2003, 04:58 PM

Nice bows for the money. Check, they might have a life-time warranty also.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:58 PM

I had a Champion Titan and really like it. Fast, quiet accurate, forgiving....all around a great bow. I talked to the company on a few occasions as I bought it second hand and they were very gracious and told me they' d honor the warranty should anything go wrong.

Nothing ever did.

I sold it to my brother and he' s still shooting it and loves it as well.
Very underrated bow Co. IMO.