Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Buying a New Bow

Old 12-29-2016, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buying a New Bow

I guy I work with was just talking this week about buying a new bow on Ebay. I have never thought of doing that before so I poked around a little and found a few really good deals on New and on used bows. Is this something that any of you have done before? Or something you would do? I'm just not sure it's a good idea for my next purchase which will hopefully be soon.
Thanks for your input
Old 12-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't used EBay for a bow but have purchased several off of archery talk. Always do your homework first.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Correct me if I am wrong but if you are looking for new I have been told some manufactures(if not all) will not honor there warranty if the bow is purchased online?
Old 01-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

I will definately have to check into that warranty question. I'm looking to get something around the $450-500 mark RTH. I dont need the High $ or Best names because the Bear that I have has help me take plenty of game.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

ive bought bows off ebay before......its not a bad way to go if you know exactly what youre looking for. If you dont have to have the newest and best (which sounds like it) id suggest checking out your local archery shop for bows they took in on trade
Old 01-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would only do it if you own a bow press and are capable of installing or at least adjusting the string components yourself. Otherwise, you will be paying an archery shop to do it. They normally do this work for free if you buy the bow from them. So, you likely won't save much.

Last edited by rogerstv; 05-24-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

I was told by a co worker that the bow manufactures dont stand behind the warranty of bows sold on ebay.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most don't. Most are non transferable. I can't think of a single top line maker that has a transferable warranty. Now, NEW bows bought online through EBAY may be covered with SOME manufacturers but most of them have deals NOT to sell online. Mathews, Hoyt, BowTech, just to name a few are dealt through brick and mortar shops exclusively and each dealer has an "area". I see that eventually changing with so many doing their shopping online nowadays. They are actually losing out on a vast market but it's a good thing for the local shops. But with the big box stores like Cabela's and Bass Pro taking such a huge bite out of the local "mom and pop" shops, the manufacturers are starting to contemplate allowing limited online sales of their top line bows.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:20 AM
Spike

I'm looking for a bow at https://hunthacks.com/best-compound-bow/

Last edited by Wilson12051978; 08-09-2017 at 05:56 PM.