Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muzzy Broadhead reviews

Old 07-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Ended up buying the 100 grain 3 blade heads. Put the practice blades on today to see how true they shot compared to a FT. You guys weren't kidding, dead-on with FTs!
Old 07-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

IMO, if you were going with Muzzys like you did, the 3 blade was the better choice. The issue I had stated earlier with the 4 blade version was this. (now this is after I've taken several deer with them). I had a perfect broadside shot at 15 yards on a decent buck. The arrow flew true and hit exactly where I wanted it. I was positive it was a solid double lung hit. I waited a half hour and started to follow the blood trail. After 100 yards I started to be concerned. A bit farther and I jumped him. As it was getting dark I backed out and went back in the morning and found him 75 yards from where I jumped him. Examination of the shot showed the impact point right behind the front shoulder 1/3 up the body but the exit was just in front of the rear leg. I surmised that one of the blades hit the edge of a rib and turned almost 90 degrees, went through the length of the body cavity and exited out the opposite side in front of the hip.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Dang! I've never heard of an arrow turning 90 degrees on impact like that. Same thing happened to me with my .270 last season. Entered behind the right shoulder and the bullet was lodged in one of hindquarters, never exited. Thank God she only went 15 yards or I would have never found her!
Old 07-28-2016, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

kinda hard to label the broadhead as the culprit---deer and turn in a second, depending on range a deer can turn 180 degree,s before an arrow gets there. same with bullet depending on distance ! The only arrow head I actually saw turn wildly was a mechanical a few years ago hitting at an angle and actually cartwheeling saw the slow motion video, I personally have crunched through shoulder and stuck into other shoulder at 30 yards no deflection, now with my xbow I blow the same 4 blade muzzys through both shoulders and stick arrow into ground
Old 08-01-2016, 08:05 AM
Spike

Muzzy has always been known as having the sharpest blades, out of the box, however, I had flight issues with my MX-3s and switched to Toxics. They fly well and leave wound channels that are second to none!
Old 08-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FAA_Support
Muzzy has always been known as having the sharpest blades, out of the box, however, I had flight issues with my MX-3s and switched to Toxics. They fly well and leave wound channels that are second to none!
Haven't had an issue yet with shooting the practice blades. I did notice that the practice blades are totally different than the sharp blades. Any one have a problem with the sharp blades flight and no problem with the practice blades flight?
Old 08-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

If you hit a small rock or ? the practice blade may plane a littif groups start enlarging change practice blade other than that its all good H H
Old 08-04-2016, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
kinda hard to label the broadhead as the culprit---deer and turn in a second, depending on range a deer can turn 180 degree,s before an arrow gets there. same with bullet depending on distance !
I used the 4 blade version for years with no problems and harvested many deer with them. As for the deer turning - that wasn't an issue. I watched the arrow smack him behind the shoulder. Perfect placement and he was unalert at 15 yards.
I would have to count the number of deer I have killed with my archery gear and to be honest, the quickest kills I ever had were with Magnus Stingers. I had several deer go no more than 40-50 yards (sometimes less) stop, and fall over. But I've found them to be a little too weak in the ferrule and even a slight bend will cause erratic flight. I now use Slick Trick Vipertricks.

Last edited by bronko22000; 08-04-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

Bronko that is a tuff one then should ne have effect at that range I agree !
Old 08-04-2016, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Hopefully these Muzzy heads will perform. For the money you can't beat it! If I'm not satisfied with them, I'm prolly going to switch to the Slick Tricks. Have heard nothing but good reviews about them! Just hoping they're not expensive!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.