HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Elite Bows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/402778-elite-bows.html)

kellyguinn 11-19-2015 08:00 AM

Elite Bows

I hurt my shoulder a few years back and its getting harder every year to pull back my PSE especially in cold weather. (63 lb draw at 28.5 ") Been tossing the idea around about maybe switching over to a bow without such a harsh cycle and maybe losing a few ft/s in the process. Does anyone here have any experiance with the Elite bows? Been looking at them but havent had the chance to shoot one yet. I might have to drop down 10+ lbs if I choose to keep my 2009 Dream Season GX

RPD63 11-19-2015 12:37 PM

I have been shooting Elite for four years now. Great bows! Very smooth draw cycle with a solid back wall. I was a Mathews shooter.

bigmster127 11-22-2015 01:19 AM

same here very smooth draw cycle. i have a elite synergy 34 love it. use too have a bowtech admiral very harsh bow. had really no back stop once u got it back it just wants to go, there is no sweet spot. you will like the elite bows

hatchet jack 11-24-2015 11:46 AM

I shoot a Elite Answer. Smooth to draw and a great Back Wall.

HJ

kellyguinn 11-26-2015 07:51 AM

All I can say is WOW!!!! I just went and shot an Elite Energy 32 set at 60 lbs and I think I could have went up to 70 without a problem. Extremely smooth with no break over at all. The place I was at is having a Black Friday sale at 615$ bare bow. Think I may have to skip a day of hunting to go lower the bank account.

Thanks for the replys I have been wanting give them a shot but have been stuck on the PSE speed bows. Looks like I may be making the switch.

Scott Mclean 01-24-2016 11:35 PM

Elite Bows

That's good to know. I am actually trying to look for a new bow as I am starting on my bow collection this year. I think that with your feedback, elite bows are a must try for hunters.

redwhiteblue 02-05-2016 07:38 PM

I had an Elite Energy 35, 29.5 draw, 60lb limbs. It was an amazing bow. I sold it, planning to try another brand (I won't say which because after I shot it, I decided to buy another Energy 35). It's just incredibly smooth... huge valley... and you can sit on the back wall for days with absolutely no creep.

redwhiteblue 02-05-2016 08:21 PM

RPD63 02-06-2016 01:56 PM

Nice video. One of the nice things about Elite bows, as well as other bow companies, is the adjustability. If your not happy with that light holding weight, it can be increased to suite the shooter. Enjoy your new bow.

doughboysigep 03-21-2016 08:57 AM

love shooting my new Synergy. just saw that I might want a new cable slide - guess Elites are know for wearing out cables (?).