Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Most lethal broadhead

Old 02-02-2016, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Poor shots

sure do spend a lot of money on different broadheads.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default You gotta spend a lot of money

...finding a broadhead that's the most lethal. I just found one that was lethal.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:17 AM
Spike

I know this thread is a little older, but I shoot toxics and have had great luck with them.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First you have to learn...

to put the little lethal broadhead in the right spot.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Spike

I'm shooting toxics now and have had great luck with them. Last year I had a full pass through on an elk, broke 2 ribs in the process, and he only went about 20 yards before piling up.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slick tricks are devastating on hogs. They have excellent penetration even through some pretty dense tissue.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I'd think cutting 3 plugs of tissue out should make for a LOT better bleed out as compared to merely making 3 slices on the way through.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Spike

We LOVE Toxics!
Old 06-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

I have heard a lot of about Toxics and have heard a lot of great thing but I won't shoot them because one they do a lot of damage on your target and that is the only reason. I'm can't afford buying target all the time especially the way they cut.... Currently I shoot Slicktricks and four blade going through vitals with a cutting diameter of 1 1/8" or a total cutting surface of 2 1/4" and they do damage but Toxics have always made me curious..... But in reality any broadhead in the vitals will do fine. I know when the Toxics first came out my father was sent a few samples and their blades were very weak and seemed to break but from my understanding they seem to be fixed and work great. Anybody have any Toxic hole pictures on some game?

Also here is another thing to take into account with broadheads and blood trails.... Remember the lungs have to fill up first before you start getting a good blood trail. Example you are in a ground blind and you hit high on that animal wtether you are using a Toxic, Slicktrick, Rage whatever to have a good blood trail the lungs are going to have to fill up to where the hole starts until that you might have minor trail from the blood coming out the nose and mouth and maybe a little from the holes... So just keep that in mind when judging a blood trail with a broadhead. Same thing happens being in a elevated stand.

A few other broadheads I like are:
QAD Exodus (Amazingly tough broadhead but a little pricey)
American Sonic (great 3 blade cut on contact I really like these as a cut on contact.)

Last edited by Brandon_SPC; 06-09-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:40 AM
Spike

I'll let you make your own decision, but here's what a Toxic can do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.