Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which broadheads should i get???? >

Which broadheads should i get????

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which broadheads should i get????

Old 10-19-2003, 06:32 PM

Default RE: Which broadheads should i get????

Can' t go wrong with Muzzy. I shoot 100 grain 3 and 4 blades. Have' nt shot 1 with the 4 blade yet. They fly awesome.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:15 PM

I SHOOT MUZZY 4 BLADE 90 GRAIN. BUT I HAVE USED RED FURRY BROADHEADS. THE REASON I CHANGED IS I STARTED ELK HUNTING AND NEEDED A LITTLE MORE TRUST ON BIGGER GAME. THE RED FURRYS ARE A OUT STANDING DEER KILLER. THEY WILL MAKE A HOLE 3IN. JUST BY PUSHING THE HIDE IN BEFORE IT STARTS CUTTING. TRY THESE TWO OUT.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Muzzy 100gr 4 blades and I love them. I' ve taken deer, turkey, and groundhog with them. They work great and are very reliable.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:14 PM

The new razorbacks are great. I like the cut to the tip concept and they fly true and quiet. I killed a bull elk with one in September.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

My vote goes to Muzzy, I shoot 100 grain 3 blades and they have worked great for me.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:06 PM

I like the following 2 heads better than anyting on the market the rocky Mountain Ironhead 125 & the Ti-125.

Good luck on your search for the best broadhead for YOU! It' s a very personal thing & so make a wise choice & you will be rewarded with many great success stories!

Old 11-08-2003, 05:56 PM

this is my first year using mechanical broadheads...and I use the Rocket Steelhead 100 grain..and I have killed 2 deer with them....and they only went about 40 yards...
Old 11-10-2003, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto on 5shot' s comments. Without knowing all the details I would recommend the Muzzy line of heads as well. 100 grains is the most popular size despite the style of the head.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:40 PM

Simmons Landsharks are hard to beat. They always past through and leave a blood trail anybody could follow. I have killed eight deer with them and not one has ran more than 80 yards. And my wife killed her first deer this weekend with one also (spine shot). They are heavy though, would not recommend for shooting longer shots. Out of my bow they will drop a couple inches at twenty yards. Very deadly.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:19 PM

Two does muzzy 4 blade 90 grain The first double lunged her and she went 60 yards died within a hour.Second doe Glanced off her shoulder making a vicous wound on a quartering away shot .She had to be tracked and finished off 5 hours later.But that muzzy left a blood trail a blind man could follow.

Quick Reply: Which broadheads should i get????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.