Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Favorite arrow?

Old 02-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Favorite arrow?

I just got me a new bow and looking to spend some money on a good set of arrows. This is the first time I have ever really dropped some money on some arrows. What do y'all prefer? I was looking at some Maxima Blue Streaks, Gold Tip Velocity but thought I would hear everyone's input. I have used Beamens but they seem to shatter a like easier compared to the other arrows I have used such as Easton, Gold Tip, and Carbon Express. Here is the bows set up. Appreciate the input.

2015 Elite Energy 35
29" draw
70lbs
rest: Whisker biscuit
broadheads: Slicktricks
head weight: 100gr
Old 02-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only used Eastons. Tried others and they didn't make the cut.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gold Tips are my choice.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Carbon Express Mayhems but will be switching to the Maxima Reds this summer. The Mayhems worked excellent. Shot plenty of deer with them.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've kind of been stuck on Gold Tip Ultralites for the last 6 years or so. Prior to that, and still my favorites are Easton ACC shafts. I've also used Easton and Beman ICS.

Frankly I find little difference in durability between any of the AC shafts from different makers. Hit what you're aiming at and they're all pretty durable. Start shooting trees and rocks and they all can crack or shatter.

It's no secret that heavier shafts usually mean thicker walls which leads to better durability, but this can be subjective, too. As far as hunting goes I don't worry about durability. If an arrow delivers a broadhead to it's intended target while flying straight then it's done it's job. If it gets lost or broken then it's just a price of playing the game.

It's the other 8,000 shots a year that I'm concerned about. To that end I can buy half dozen of a given shaft and still have 4 of them left 5 years later. Reason being that I do not shoot groups. No reason to smash arrows just to prove I can.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:24 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

The one that gets my P&Y.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Favorite arrow kind of depends

...on how high price your new bow is.

The high price arrows seem to have been developed of late for those high priced, high speed bows.
You just match the bow and the arrow together.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot carbon express maximas for years and loved them . This past season I went with Muddys Bloodsport with the blood ring and they fly awesome !!!The are a little cheaper than the carbon express.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Brandon_SPC
I just got me a new bow and looking to spend some money on a good set of arrows. This is the first time I have ever really dropped some money on some arrows. What do y'all prefer? I was looking at some Maxima Blue Streaks, Gold Tip Velocity but thought I would hear everyone's input. I have used Beamens but they seem to shatter a like easier compared to the other arrows I have used such as Easton, Gold Tip, and Carbon Express. Here is the bows set up. Appreciate the input.

2015 Elite Energy 35
29" draw
70lbs
rest: Whisker biscuit
broadheads: Slicktricks
head weight: 100gr
I sent you a PM. Check it out. I personally use Full Metal Jackets by Easton. They are small diameter even for a carbon era arrow.

Last edited by SecondChance; 02-22-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot GoldTips, most recently in the Velocity XT 300's and the Velocity Pro 300's. I run rather fast, aggressive cam binary bows, and the Gold Tip shafts are the perfect marriage of price, durability, and precision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.