Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which odor neutralizer spray? >

Which odor neutralizer spray?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which odor neutralizer spray?

Old 10-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Which odor neutralizer spray?

Which scent eliminator/neutralizer spray do you prefer?

Scent shield
Scent-a-way by H.S. scents
Scent killer
Scent blocker/carbon blast
Stealth dust by scent lok

Do they all contain the same chemical make up?
Does one work differently than the other?

How much scent can any given product eliminate/neutralize? I ask this question because I went on my first hunt Wednesday, and by the time I got to my evening stand and climed the tree I had sweat dripping from every where. How effective are these products under extream conditions?
Old 10-10-2003, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Which odor neutralizer spray?

Scent Shield has always been what I used. I think they are all good, but I' m leary of the Carbon Blast stuff. I don' t want black stuff all over me.

You need to wear lighter clothing to your stand and then put on your heavier stuff once you get there. Also, leave early enough to take your time in getting there. This will help you reduce your sweating.

A few years ago, I had some stuff by Robinson Labs. It was a cream deodorant that was absolutely fantastic. I don' t care how much you sweated, you didn' t stink. I was playing in a softball tournament one year and we got done just in time for me to get in an evening hunt. I had my camo with me so I just changed and went hunting. Took a nice doe that came in to within 5 yards of my stand and she never knew I was there. Unfortunately, I haven' t seen that deodorant on the market since.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Scent Sheild products. They work great IMO.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-10-2003, 11:59 AM

i' ve used scent shield fall blend in the past , that carbon blast stuff forget it , i still have a half a bottle i got two seasons ago , the nozzle keep clogging ,they sent me a new nozzle and it blew apart (i guess from the pressure) of the nozzle being clogged , this year i got scent killer autumn cause thats what they had , and i wanted to try something new.

Old 10-10-2003, 05:05 PM

I have always used Scent Shield w/ great results. Once I run out, I will try H.S. Earth Scent in combination w/ the Fresh Earth wafers.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had nozzles break on two separate bottles of carbon blast. Gotta get the stuff on before I can tell you how it works... I' ll stick with the hs strut stuff...
Old 10-10-2003, 07:15 PM

Scent Shield original all the way for me
Old 10-10-2003, 07:24 PM

Had good luck with scent sheild and trying cabin balst this year now. so far had a 4 pt at 10 yards and spike at 10 feet. The spike did spook after looking up at me and takeing four more steps to me. He leaped back to 20 yards then hung around for 20 minutes til dark brouseing. I' m happy with it. Just waitin' for the big deer!
Old 10-15-2003, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Scent Killer here!

Quick Reply: Which odor neutralizer spray?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.